Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
This position provides technical leadership and advisement on waste management for Chevron's global oil and gas operations.
The Chevron Energy Technology Company (ETC), Environmental Technologies Unit is seeking a bright, enthusiastic and highly motivated experienced professional interested to apply their waste management expertise in the oil and gas industry. This position is a unique opportunity to combine your technical and consulting experience to help lead on implementing solutions to challenging waste management and environmental issues in the oil and gas industry. You will mentor and work with highly talented and motivated teammates to solve these challenges and build up the long-term expertise within the technical team.
You will be a technical waste expert within Chevron and provide subject matter expertise and contribute to the success of environmental projects across Chevron globally. The work will provide technical service support to global Business Unit operations on significant waste, remediation and/or asset retirement challenges. You will have flexibility to define your work based on the business needs and your experience. The projects you will be involved in can include various international and domestic travel. While this position emphasizes on waste and remediation technical services support, there are also unique opportunities to lead novel and pre-commercial waste treatment and remediation technology development with internal and external collaborators (e.g. external companies, universities and various research organizations).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to
- Provides technical waste advisement to business unit operations, capital projects, corporate waste and environmental initiatives, technical standards development, development and delivery of training, and joint industry projects.
- Maintains knowledge on a wide variety of waste technologies, practices, and facilities.
- Evaluates new waste treatment technologies and internal and external waste management facilities and practices. Provides technical support for regulations, legal, and/or regulatory advocacy.
- Provides technical leadership on project teams, communities of practice, and development of enterprise standards. Mentors junior staff.
- Participates in joint industry associations and projects
- Participates in industry committees working to advance the state of environmental technology in the industry and advocate scientifically sound and appropriate regulations.
- Potential to manage internal and external research and development projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental, Chemical, or Civil Engineering or related environmental science
- Minimum 7 years relevant waste management experience
- Knowledgeable in selection and implementation of a wide variety of waste management technologies such as landfill, stabilization/fixation, bioremediation, thermal/chemical/physical treatment, beneficial reuse, and emerging waste treatment and recycling technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate technical issues effectively to a diverse audience.
- Ability to facilitate technical discussions and resolutions with business partners and teams.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environments.
- Basic knowledge of waste regulations (international or domestic)
- Ability to successfully influence peers,business unitrepresentatives, external consultants, regulators and/ or other key stakeholders to allow informed decision making supported by technical analysis.
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in Environmental, Chemical, or Civil Engineering or related environmental science
- Technical leadership on project teams, communities of practice, and development of enterprise standards
- Oil and Gas Industry experience
- Participation in joint industry associations and projects
- Global consulting and field experience.
- Experience guiding and managing R&D efforts to develop and test new technologies.
- Position will be located in San Ramon, CA or Houston, TX (Preferred location: San Ramon)
- Relocation will be considered within Chevron parameters.
- Travel: This job requires travel, approximately 30% travel, domestic and/or international
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.