Skills: Financial Analyst
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Makati City, Philippines
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy. To learn more, visit the Explore Chevron website.
Chevron Holdings Inc. (CHI) is a pioneer and leading multi-function Shared Services Center in the Philippines located in Makati City. With a workforce of more than 1,000, CHI delivers business services and solutions in areas such as finance, human resources, procurement, marketing support and information technology.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Financial Analyst - C&R Aviation Billings located in Makati City, Philippines.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
Provide support to Commercial Aviation business in Asia Pacific
- Review, format and load Aviation data to the Ticket Input Control and Information Tool (TICIT). Ensure correctness of airline customer IATA code, exclusion of non-product sales and completeness of transaction details.
- Reconcile daily volume reflected in the TICIT Record against the volume reflected in the volume summary maintained for each airport location.
- Check loading errors thru TICIT daily. Validate and clear the error and accordingly update the record.
- Reconcile volume summary maintained for each airport against deliveries billed in SAP to capture unbilled transactions.
- Perform month-end close activities including accounting for airport fees, price lag calculation and reporting, extraction of realization report and generation of volume summary report.
- Post accrual for unbilled aviation deliveries
Provide support to International Aviation business
- Validate received summary invoice report against data recorded in SAP. Record Assumed Receivable. Perform account clearing of the suspense account
- Reconcile Aviation sales report from HAFCO or Sales Invoice from Caltex Australia Limited against the balances in SAP to check if all invoices are completely processed. Notify the International Liaison Analyst in Buenos Aires (HAFCO) or FSS Manila Revenue Team for CAL to check the reason for the fall outs and make the necessary corrections.
- Validate and Record Intercompany Payable using Aviation Intercompany Reconciliation (AIR) Tool.
- Calculate and post commissions
- Record and send invoice for technical service fees. Perform match and clear upon payment.
- Perform month-end close activities including accruals for third party invoices and posting of offsetting and clearing entries for fees and taxes
- Ensure that manual journal entries amounting to or greater than $15MM are reviewed and duly approved by appropriate personnel
- Perform activities related to Account Reconciliation, Tracing and Clearing of GL 3020xxxx and other Aviation-related GL accounts
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must have the propensity to work in a proactive, results-oriented, and customer-focused environment.
- Enjoys working with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Experience in SAP/JDE
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidates will work in Philippines under the local payroll system and benefits.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.