Skills: Energy / Commodity Trading, Financial Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Makati City, Philippines
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Finance Analyst - Supply & Trading, located in Makati, Philippines.
This is a career ladder position and is now open to Philippine Employees for application.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
1. General accounting and reporting services to the regional Trading Finance organizations in Asia Pacific, London and some areas in the United States:
- Settle payables and send out invoices to 3rd party counterparties, affiliates and intercompany entities after interpreting contracts and validating important and required information against necessary documents
- Enter accrual entries into SAP invoices or other necessary documents that are not yet received in time for the month-end close
- Account for all associated secondary costs to physical transactions
- Account for other instruments used to hedge company price in SRA and SAP
- Prepare forecast of cash payments and receipts to Corporate Treasury in line with SAP and SRA
- Perform all month-end reconciliations including GL Account reconciliation, SRA-SAP reconciliation and inventory reconciliation
- Support and provide comments for the balance sheet reconciliation including trace and escalation
- Address Interco imbalances
- Reconcile strategies and providing preliminary P&L analysis per strategy
- Work with the front office and/or middle office to update and correct pricing and quantities in SRA
- Support SOX controls and testing
- Handle ad-hoc inquiries from Front/Middle Office as well as counterparties (3rd Party, Affiliates or Intercompany)
- Handle all other general accounting services that may be required by the Trade Analysts or BU from time to time
2. Partnering with Trading Finance - Manila's Leadership Team in delivering reliable and cost efficient services:
- Monitors effectiveness of applicable controls, assesses gaps, develop corrective plans, report on progress made, and results
- Establishes processes and procedures to ensure conformance and alignment with corporate requirements
- Supports internal and external financial audits; serves as a contact for internal and external auditors.Provides guidance on financial internal control issues
- Assist in executing the team's work plans and support its revisions as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
•Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
•Minimum of five (5) years overall work experience.
•Good oral and written communication skills
•Strong analytical, teamwork and customer engagement skills
•Must have the propensity to work in a proactive, results-oriented, and customer-focused environment
•Open to shifting schedule
•Experience in SAP
•General Accounting, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable process exposure preferred.
•Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
•Selected candidate will work in Philippines under the local payroll system and benefits.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.