Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position ofCredit Analyst - Mandarin Speaking in Makati City, Philippines.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Monitors and reviews credit limits of new and existing counterparties; involving in-depth analysis of counterparty's financial standing, industry review, business outlook, risks and opportunities;
- Prepares credit assessment and administer the approval process for credit limits and terms;
- Applies credit risk mitigation strategy including obtaining acceptable forms of securities from counterparty;
- Updates and maintain the credit limits and data in system;
- Provides advisory function on documentary credit, bank guarantees and standby letter of credit;
- Provides advisory function on credit issues in the contract and credit structures such as collateral and mitigation strategy and trade finance tools;
- Monitors payment performance and follow up of overdue amounts;
- Reviews, assesses and administers approval process for orders blocked due to credit violations;
- Contributes towards developing and implementing credit risk management processes;
- Active participation on improving credit risk management policies to meet industry best practices;
- Actively implement & comply with the Credit Policy; Ensure the trading and marketing business activities of Downstream business is conducted according to the Credit Policy
- Identifies, measures and control credit risk mitigation activities in Downstream business;
- Active participation in the development of information systems to accurately capture credit exposures;
- Prepares credit management reports; and
- Maintains and develops relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Minimum 5 years of financial experience; prior exposure to audit function &/or credit risk management would be preferable
- Proficient in MS Office and SAP system
- Fluency in Mandarin language
- Good Analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative analysis)
- Ability to work systematically, prioritize tasks and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to balance risks and business requirements
- Ability to adapt to varying work situations and is flexible in the approach to resolving challenges
- Works with minimal supervision and shows Initiative
- Ability to communicate at all levels of management
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.