Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Chevron Corporation Tax Department is looking for income tax analysts/advisors with a combination of 3+ years of accounting experience and some corporate income tax experience or an advanced Tax degree. The successful candidate could work in the Domestic Tax Compliance group, the International Tax Compliance group, State Tax Compliance group, Audit or Technology. Candidate selection criteria will include tax knowledge, analytical and problem solving skills, teamwork, people skills, communication, leadership, initiative, planning and organization, accounting knowledge, SAP, transfer pricing, computer skills, and CORPTAX. An assignment to a specific group will be made after a candidate is selected and will be based on the Tax Department's business needs and the skills of the individual selected.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Prepare monthly and quarterly estimated tax payments.
• Analyze and review monthly accounting information for various branches, divisions and corporations.
• Prepare tax workpapers and state apportionment factor information for various branches, divisions and corporations.
• Prepare Federal, State and Partnership tax returns.
• Obtain and analyze data needed to respond to inquiries from Federal and state revenue agencies.
• Learn the operations and business of Chevron's operating companies and departments by developing a partnership with both finance and operating personnel.
• Prepare accurate, well documented and organized tax workpapers.
• Develop analysis to determine the tax costs, savings and tax planning opportunities of proposed transactions.
• Look for tax planning opportunities to lower tax costs.
• Develop and implement systems and procedural changes to improve the tax compliance and audit processes.
• Act as the Tax Compliance contact with Federal and State tax agencies.
• Act as the Tax Compliance contact with Chevron Departmental and Operating Company groups.
• Support Tax Planning and Tax Legal in resolving audit, compliance, planning and legislative issues.
• Look for opportunities to promote effective involvement with co-workers and Chevron departmental and Operating Company groups.
• Bachelor's degree.
• 3+ years of Corporate income tax experience.
• Ability to comprehend tax and business issues affecting tax results.
• Proficient with SAP, JDE, Hyperion for analysis, asset tracking and reporting.
• Proficient with CORPTAX software for analysis and return preparation.
• Proficient with SharePoint for tax data warehousing.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with both internal and external stakeholders in a clear, concise and effective manner.
• Domestic travel up to 10%.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Accounting, Finance or Management in Information Systems.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
• Experience with BNA software.
• Experience with large data sets and data investigation.
• Ability to explain technical concepts and tax implications clearly.
• Strong critical thinking, verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail.
• Creative, positive, and helpful attitude.
• A team oriented, customer-centric working style.
• Relocation may be considered.
• Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.