Richmond, California, United States
Richmond, California, United States
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Richmond, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position through Nov 14, 2019 at 11:59p.m. (EST).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Perform ASME Section VIII code calculations to design pressure vessels.
- Perform structural calculations to design and evaluate reactor internal components.
- Use Autodesk Inventor parametric 3D CAD software to model components and produce reactor design packages.
- Supervise CAD designers to produce reactor design packages.
- Innovate, troubleshoot, and improve on existing designs.
- Review and approve fabricator drawings and supporting calculations.
- Represent Chevron and CLG in interactions with clients and business partners.
- Inspect equipment and components at third-party fabrication shops.
- Confined Space Entry into pressure vessels in refinery settings to perform final inspections of installed equipment.
- Actively demonstrate Chevron Way behaviors and promote Incident and Injury Free culture (IIF).
- Complete all mandatory Chevron training on time.
- Approximately 10-20% travel, mostly to countries outside the USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Materials, Civil or Chemical Engineering, with experience in mechanical design.
- Minimum of 5 years of related industry experience (such as refining or petrochemical) and familiar with ASME Section VIII code.
- Experience in 3D CAD software such as Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks.
- Knowledge of ASME pressure vessel design, welding, fabrication, and inspection is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) concepts and familiarity with FEA software.
- Experience working in an industrial or manufacturing facility, including Confined Space Entry.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.