Skills: Metallurgist / Materials Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Richmond, California, United States
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position through March 31st , 2020 at 11:59 p.m. (PT).
Chevron's Energy Technology Company (ETC) provides subject matter experts (SMEs) to the company and joint venture operations around the world. The Materials and Equipment Engineering and Services Unit in the Downstream Technology & Services Department of ETC is seeking a qualified metallurgical/materials/corrosion engineer with 20+ years of experience related to materials and corrosion within the downstream (petroleum refining or chemical processing) segment of the oil and gas industry. The candidate will be expected to provide materials and corrosion engineering consulting services to Chevron refineries, joint venture refineries, complex process facilities, and capital projects.
Responsibilities for this positionmay include but are not limited to:
- Refinery process unit corrosion/damage mechanism reviews, risk-based inspection assessments, integrity operating window selection, inspection plan reviews and review of their findings.
- Materials selection, corrosion monitoring and control, failure analysis, welding and fabrication troubleshooting, mechanical design review, and equipment repair strategies' preparation.
- Development and review of Chevron engineering specifications relating to materials and corrosion.
- Updating or development and deploying corporate programs such as Wet H2S, Sulfidation, and HTHA.
- Communicating, both written and orally, with all levels of the organization.Giving effective, influential presentations
- Mentoring and delivering formalized metallurgy & corrosion training to less experienced engineers and inspectors.
- Bachelor (or higher) degree in Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, Corrosion Engineering, or Welding Engineering.
- Minimum of 15 years industrial experience in the role of refining materials/corrosion engineer.
- Knowledge of refinery processes and fixed equipment damage mechanisms, materials selection, failure analysis, fitness for service, optimized field repairs, interpretation of inspection data, and mechanical design.
- Demonstrate role model behavior supporting Chevron principles and values, including support for diversity, leadership, teamwork, customer focus, and personal/process safety.
- Proactive, self-starter who works with minimal supervision and can handle multiple assignments simultaneously. Ability to set realistic goals and fully complete work plans on schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge and problem-solving skills in industrial business environments.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization (field craft workers to senior management).
- Proven knowledge of assessment and evaluation of new technology.
- Knowledge of internationally recognized design codes and industry standards on metallic equipment and degradation mechanisms, including API and ASME.
- Professional Engineering registration.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com .
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.