Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Pascagoula, Mississippi, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting, programming, and hardware support of Distributed Control Systems (Honeywell TDC3000, Honeywell Experion and/or Yokogawa CentumVP), Safety Instrumented Systems (Triconex) and various PLC applications (TI, Siemens, Allen Bradley).
• Rotational On-Call support.
• Domestic travel up to 10%.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer, Electrical or Chemical Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology. Relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education and training.
• A minimum of 5 years of control systems experience.
• In-depth knowledge of process control fundamentals, including design, configuration, support and programming of Honeywell and/or Yokogawa Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
• Knowledge of process control systems, infrastructure, and applications, as well as a strong understanding of refinery processes.
• Knowledge of common network architectures used in PCN environments (i.e. the Purdue Model).
• Knowledge of PCN infrastructure (i.e. EST, Experion, eServer, Virtual Engineering Platform).
• Candidates should understand and reinforce the importance of the fundamentals (e.g., safety, procedures, routine duties, environmental compliance, incident investigations, etc).
• Strong, fundamental understanding of refinery or hydrocarbon processing and equipment.
• Experience working with facility operations personnel, particularly console operators.
• Proven to effectively interface with project teams and refinery Operations/Maintenance to ensure a quality product is delivered that cost-effectively meets or exceeds our safety expectations.
• Self-motivated individual with demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to create and promote an environment of trust and teamwork through actions and own behaviors.
• Demonstrated strong leadership, teamwork, decision making, influencing, negotiating and communication skills.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.