Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Conduct a range of trade specific inspections on residential and commercial buildings as well as managing specific projects related to these types of code inspections. Some travel may be required for inspections and/or managing assigned projects.
Essential responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform a range of inspection and evaluation of residential buildings and structures (which may include structural and non-structural components, including plumbing, mechanical, and electrical systems) for compliance with the appropriate codes, other applicable regulations, and approved plans and specifications.
- Assist and advise the general public in matters relating to residential construction and code requirements.
- Prepare written reports; maintain records; issues notices to correct code violations.
- Read, research, and objectively explain and interpret code requirements along with other laws pertaining to regulation of buildings, and to tactfully communicate, orally and in writing, with the general public, while maintaining effective relationships.
- Independently recognize, evaluate and properly resolve unique problems or situations requiring the exercise of good judgment.
- Maintain effective customer service relationship with clients and the public.
- Assist the inspection management team with business development activities.
- Assist construction industry representatives and general public with permit needs.
- Perform various office and other duties as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in engineering, architecture building inspection (preferred), or high school diploma or equivalent and two (2) or more years of journey-level experience within the following: a.) inspection services in a city or county, b.) construction trades, or c.) as a contractor; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read construction drawings and blueprints, evaluate against current municipal codes, and translate/ interpret to actual field constructability.
- ICC or other state-recognized certifications required; multi-discipline certifications preferred.
- Valid state driver license required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, document and database software ( MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop ). Knowledge and use of digital cameras and photo media programs required.
- An employee in this position typically works in a field environment, with daily exposure to a full spectrum of weather and climate variables. Office time is limited.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus, distance vision and close vision. Travel is requirement is up to 50%, dependent on assignment location and duration.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.