Skills: Safety Engineering, Safety Officer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Yulin, Guangxi, China
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
What's the role?
The Field Safety Advisor provides expertise, support and leadership for effective implementation of the Venture HSSE management system and drives continuous improvement and consistent application of standards across all activities at the assigned location. The Field Safety Advisor has a high degree of technical competence and experience and can act as relief for the Safety Team Lead.
The key accountabilities of this role are:
- Provide safety solutions and challenges to the site team.
- Provide a regular overview of the key safety risk areas and assessments of controls. Work with site team to improve their control frameworks in a pro-active manner. Effective site roll-out of safety plans and project wide awareness campaigns.
- Manage site safety performance reporting.
- Participate in Incident investigation.
- Facilitate safety inspections and audits.
- Train, coach and motivate staff and contractors in safety related matters and issues.
- Work closely aligned with Environment, Health and Security to enable HSSE success.
- Provide Contract safety assistance for Contracts/Procurement, e.g. HSE MS verification to potential vendors.
- Train, coach and motivate contractors on implementing Golden Rules, Life Saving Rules and Process Safety Fundamentals to achieve Goal Zero target.
- Champion a I am Goal Zero Culture and intervention mind-set.
- Collates data from activities, reviews trends and monitors performance. Identifies areas for improvement and develops strategies to address the shortfalls.
- Intervene and report.
Some challenge for this role are:
- Rotating work schedule - 24 days on, 12 days off.
- Supporting the promotion of frontline staff safety awareness and embedding competence assurance.
- Maintaining excellent relations with a wide range of stakeholders, including management, partners, staff, HSSE advisers, contractors, professional colleagues, and authorities
- Having the confidence to intervene in unsafe act/condition and stop work.
- Managing work under time pressures.
- Promoting an intervention and compliance culture with staff and contractors.
- Effective influencing operating partner to adopt and implement HSSE management system equivalent to Shell.
Shell's story in China dates back more than 100 years. At Shell China we will make sure that your ideas will travel. All of Shell's core businesses are now represented in China. We need world-class candidates to continue our drive to innovate and answer the world's energy needs in socially and environmentally responsible ways.
What we need from you
- Atleast 8 to 10 years working experience preferred in the Oil and Gas Industry, with significant HSSE exposure and strong HSSE track record over number of years.
- Good understanding of Operations, Construction and Drilling/CWI HSSE Case requirements.
- Deep experience in one or more functions: Plant-Asset Operation, Environment - Environmental management, Wells operations - drilling and CWI, Facilities - Construction Activities, HSE Leadership - coaching and mentoring, Training - facilitation, mentoring and coaching
- Knowledge of PRC legislations on HSSE is essential.
- Degree in Science or Engineering or an advanced degree in HSSE Management.
- Fluent in both Chinese and English - verbal and written
- Membership of relevant recognized professional institute/body is viewed as an advantage.
- Some personal attributes such as good communication (at all levels) and influencing skills with others who may be less familiar with HSSE priorities/concerns/issues, self-managing, highly organized and excellent planning and planning function, take the lead proactively on managing HSSE opportunities & risks and onsistently display a real passion, energy and urgency for HSSE improvement that promotes others to act.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video