Skills: Student / Recent Grad
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Canada
If you're highly ambitious, safety-conscious, and thrive in complex and uncertain situations, then this role is for you. It will help you grow and develop in a business that encourages both personal and professional development where you'll be part of dynamic diverse team.
Where you fit in
Operations and Maintenance jobs at Shell are essential to the ongoing successes of the company. In one of our Operations roles you will be part of a growing team that is tasked with the safe and efficient day-to-day operation of our global projects and assets.
Who we're looking for
Shell Sarnia Manufacturing Centre is currently seeking highly ambitious and safety-conscious CPET students from Lambton College for an 8-month work term; May - Dec 2020.
Following the onboarding period, you will have the opportunity to learn firsthand about process control, operating equipment, unit inspections, and standard operating procedures. You will be assigned a crew, on a 12-hour shift rotation and will shadow operators as a learning experience. You will work under the direction and supervision of a qualified shift operator of the unit. Duties will include unit rounds, monitoring equipment, helping prepare equipment for maintenance, with some sampling and testing.
PLEASE NOTE: You MUST be currently enrolled in the CPET program at Lambton College in order to be considered for this position. All applicants will be verified by Lambton College before consideration.
In Canada, we do everything from exploring for oil and gas, to refining and manufacturing, to discovering new ways to reduce emissions, to delivering fuels to our customers from coast to coast.
We have many successful businesses and projects across Canada, including:
- a strong and rapidly growing Upstream business built around the Montney and the Duvernay shale plays, on a foundation of Foothills sour gas;
- a successful Downstream business anchored in our Sarnia refinery (Ontario) and our Scotford refinery and upgrader (Alberta) as well as our two world-class petrochemicals plants near Edmonton;
- a network of 1,300 retail sites across Canada - a vital point of connection for our customers to us - which makes us one of the pre-eminent fuel retailers in the country;
- strong Aviation, Sulphur and Lubricants businesses;
- an innovative Supply and Trading business;
- a prospective LNG export project in Kitimat, B.C.
Canada is especially well-suited to offer lower carbon energy solutions thanks to our highly experienced workforce, our abundance of natural resources and supportive government policies. In Canada, Shell is actively exploring opportunities to invest in new fuels for transport, renewable power and customer solutions enabled by digital technology to lead the global movement towards cleaner energy.
Who we're looking for
- Must be currently enrolled in the CPET program at Lambton College
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada for anyone other than current employer without sponsorship
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must be able to speak, read & write English fluently
- Some overtime and after-hours coverage may be required
- Willing to work nights, weekends, holidays
- Willing to work a rotating shift schedule
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work at heights and in confined spaces
- Must be willing to work outdoors in inclement weather
- Must reside within the area
- Using safe lifting techniques, able to lift and carry 20 kg from ground to waist level
- Ability to work safely wearing a respirator or Self-contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Willing to comply with Shell's drug-free and harassment-free work environment and comply with all safety policies and procedures
- Willing to work in a diverse and team-oriented environment
- Shell strives to eliminate or minimize health and safety risks associated with its business activities and is committed to providing a safe workplace for all workers. A condition of employment for this position is successful completion of a pre-placement medical assessment of your fitness for duty, background check, driving record check and Pre-Site Access testing for alcohol and specified drugs.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video