NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking a Senior Reliability Engineer/Analyst for a 1 year contract in Edmonton.The individual must be local or have their own accommodations, as no LOA is given. The shift is Monday-Friday. Required:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Advanced statistical and data analytics;
- Reliability analysis including statistical analysis, results interpretation, system modelling, etc.; and/or
- Research-related projects requiring review of industry literature, interpretation of a variety data types, and generation of conclusions and recommendations based on findings.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- knowledge of statistical methodologies and tools (e.g. @RISK or MATLAB) and large databases (e.g. PowerPivot or Power Query, Power PI).
- Critical thinking skills related both to statistical/reliability analysis and project management.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with stakeholders. This includes the ability to effectively interact with peers and stakeholders in both formal and informal settings.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively deliver self-directed tasks and stakeholder requests.
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver thorough technical analysis and recommendations.
- Strong safety and integrity values.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation from APEGA (or equivalent)
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in civil/mechanical/industrial engineering (or equivalent) from a recognized university or college.
- Pipeline integrity related projects and programs
- Relevant experience with risk assessment, reliability, or statistical/probabilistic analysis.
- Experience with pipeline integrity reliability software (e.g. PIRAMID or ReliaSoft).
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant field.
- Baseline understanding of scripting languages (e.g. Python, VBA, C#).
- Baseline understanding of finite element analysis or computational fluid dynamics software (such as Abaqus or ANSYS).
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.