Skills: Engineering Technician, Asset Integrity Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Fort St. John, British Columbia, Canada
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking an Asset Integrity Technologist for a contract role in Fort St. John, BC.The individual must be local or have their own accommodations, as no LOA is given.
Are you passionate about Asset Integrity? Are you looking to make an impact? This position will give you the opportunity to implement a wide variety of inspection, repair, risk assessment, and corrosion management technologies to ensure our Asset Integrity programs are executed with optimal effectiveness. You will interface closely with Safety, Engineering, and Operations groups while gaining exposure to all technical elements of Asset Integrity for pipelines, pressure equipment, tanks, and structural components. Your interpersonal and communication skillset will be an asset as you liaise with regulators and work closely with vendors.
- Work with area operations staff to optimize maintenance activities in accordance with Pipeline Management Program
- Develop and maintain maintenance schedules to aid in annual budgeting as well as reconcile and update equipment inventory databases
- Co-ordinate maintenance activities, including repair procedures to minimize downtime
- Generate Authorizations for Expenditure (AFEs) within area of responsibility
- Attend corporate integrity network meetings
- Manage crews for PSV repair and maintenance leading up to and including turnarounds
- Manage tank inventories and coordinate tank testing
- Job location: Fort St. John, British Columbia
- Shift: 5X2 (Monday to Friday)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 3+ years of related oil and gas industry experience with a relevant technical degree or diploma
- Pipeline experience and API 510 Certification would be considered an asset
- Familiarity with and understanding of; Microsoft Office suite, Accumap and/or GeoVista, Maxitrak
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.