Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Recruitment Fraud Alert
Recruitment fraud is a sophisticated fraud involving job opportunities through communications such as unsolicited emails, online recruitment services such as LinkedIn, bogus websites, and text messages claiming to be from Parker Drilling. The aim of the fraud is to obtain personal information or money. Recent incidents have occurred involving both individuals and organizations falsely claiming to recruit on behalf of Parker Drilling. These emails and offer letters often appear legitimate and may include job description, salary, and benefit details. Prospective candidates may be instructed by fraudsters to pay them fees for immigration and visa application/processing services. We recommend that you do not respond to unsolicited offers of employment.
This position is responsible for planning, directing, implementing, monitoring and the continual improvement of company Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) processes in accordance with the Parker Drilling Integrated Management System (IMS) to ensure a safe, healthy and incident-free work environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS will include the following:
- Promote HSE achievement and performance throughout Parker Drilling.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in HSE processes, ensuring that the HSE processes are established, implemented and maintained.
- Assist with the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, processes, procedures and systems pertaining to HSE.
- Monitor Parker Drilling Enterprise HSE performance by gathering relevant data to produce statistical reports in support of global HSE objectives.
- Focus HSE efforts on proactive measures and KPIs to help prevent HSE incidents from occurring.
- Support and advise internal and external customers (Business Units & Clients) on HSE Management System initiatives.
- Liaise with customer's HSE Managers and Auditors to ensure the execution of corrective actions in compliance with customer's specifications. Thoroughly investigate customer complaints related to HSE and assist business units to resolve issues.
- Ensure that HSE IMS documents are reviewed at planned intervals to guarantee their continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness. This review means assessing opportunities for improvement and the need for changes. Ensure that HSE documents are updated in accordance with the Management of Change process.
- Prepare HSE documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends to include incident reports, Root Cause Analysis, corrective actions, HSE Self-Assessments, IMS HSE Audits and Assessments.
- Compile and submit incident report summaries as required.
- Assist in the development, publishing and release of HSE communications, material and exhibits for internal and external use, as required.
- Identify relevant HSE-related training needs and work with the Technical Training Department to ensure all new employees are appropriately trained. Provide follow up training to employees as necessary.
- Develop, train and manage the HSE staff by establishing goals, priorities and assessing competencies, monitoring performance and conducting performance development/salary reviews.
- Devise, supervise and coordinate HSE training programs or media..
- Act as Lead HSE Incident Investigator.
- Develop and provide HSE Incident Investigator training Review all Company HSE Incident Investigations.
- Act as an Operational Risk Management subject matter expert and Trainer.
- Work with procurement staff to establish and enforce HSE requirements for external suppliers ensuring that they comply with Parker Drilling HSE requirements.
- Serve as a trained IMS Auditor and Assessor for HSE and ORM programs.
- Manage the HSE Corrective/Preventive Action Report (CPAR) process.
- Actively participate in and lead cross-functional team efforts as they relate to HSE matters, and the sharing of knowledge and lessons learned.
POSITION SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in engineering or technical related field
- Must have 10 years of experience in HSE in an energy-related industry; land-based and/or offshore drilling preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years supervisory experience.
- Must have current national and/or international Safety Professional certifications to include CSP or NEBOSH equivalent.
- Should have experience working with ISO 14001 and OSHAS 18001/ISO 45001 management systems.
- Experience working with API Q2 and ISO 9001 is desired.
- Possess direct knowledge of land and offshore drilling operations and API Codes for drilling operations and be able to understand, interpret and implement applicable regulatory and certification standards related to HSE.
- Possess knowledge of rental tool operations including manufacturing, material handling, pressure testing and field operations (TRS and CRT).
- Have HSE incident investigation and Root Cause Analysis knowledge and experience.
- Must have ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness.
- Detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Must have excellent PC skills to include all MS Office products.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and suppliers. Being multi-lingual is preferred.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 25 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability of rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position may work in various locations - both in the U.S. and internationally. Some locations may be subject to extreme temperatures, hostile environments, civil unrest, etc. Also, travel to and from work location may require extended layovers in unfamiliar locations. Potential for exposure to temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease and oil, working with ladder/scaffolds, working with hands in water, and working alone. Parker Drilling will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the functions of the job.
OFFICE AND SHORE BASED PERSONNEL
- Ensures that personal behaviours / work practices are in line with office safety standards.
- Responsible for personal safety and the safety of those in the vicinity, including any visitors.
- Pays close attention to housekeeping; double-checks and takes additional safety precautions to ensure no-one is put at risk by their work.
- Takes no short cuts.
- Reports all hazards and incidents in line with Company procedure.
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.