NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking a Senior Piping Engineer for a 1 year contract in Calgary.The individual must be local or have their own accommodations, as no LOA is given. The shift is Monday-Friday.
- Demonstrate commitment and leadership on safety and operational integrity
- Provide technical and engineering design expertise related to piping systems to Client's operating facilities
- Participate in failure analyses and incident investigations involving piping systems
MUST HAVE QULAIFICATIONS:
- Mechanical engineering degree
- Minimum of 20 years' piping engineering design experience.
- Broad experience (10+ years) gained working with upstream oil and gas production facilities.
- Broad experience (10+ years) gained working with downstream facilities including refining and pipeline operations.
- Broad experience (10 years) gained following Western Canada oil and gas regulations as well as applicable codes and standards (API, ASME, ISO etc.)
- Microsoft office
- Experience in the applying engineering specifications and best practices
- Effective interpersonal, innovation, organizational skills, and ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Comfortable with public speaking
NICE TO HAVE QULAITFICATIONS:
- Must be a certified professional engineer (P.Eng.) in the province of Alberta or be eligible for certification.
- Understanding oil and gas economics and basic project management skills
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.