*This position is simultaneously being posted externally.
This Production Engineer will be responsible for a full range of production engineering activities in support of producing operations during his or her posting with the Argentina asset. He or she will work with other members of the surveillance team and operations team as the primary engineering resource for production surveillance and operations support in the field area to which they are assigned, supporting increased production, minimal downtime, and high Safety standard performance. Key role responsibilities include:
- Monitor and assess the production performance of wells, pads or blocks based on the growing upstream operating venture business in Argentina
- Follow up , surveil and feedback production operations on the Integrated strategy on Hydrocarbon Maturation Allocation (HCMA) process and production repository system implementation.
- Participate in Daily/weekly Production meetings/calls with operations, Subsurface and other supporting groups based in Argentina and North America (Houston/Calgary). Prioritize field and Operations the different activities
- Follow up Production System Capacity curve for all wells, producers and disposals.
- Monitor and assess the artificial lift performance with a focus on reliability
- Optimize production and identify opportunities to improve production or reduce cost
- Monitor disposal well performance for injectivity trends or system optimizations
- Prepare for and participate in asset WRFM activities
- Provide leadership and assist in prioritizing the work for a field area
- Evaluate new well performance for key production indicators and opportunities to better manage ramp-up or sand production
Delivery of artificial lift solutions and well interventions
- Maintain awareness of opportunity volumes and locked in potential volumes for field area
- Identify candidates for artificial lift (AL) installation
- Deliver Well Service Requests (WSRs) and AL designs for wells within field area
- Monitor job execution for deviations from plan or learnings from execution
- Identify/Diagnose AL failure using Root cause failure analysis and share learnings
- Support aligned AL designs through QA/QC of team designs
- Support delivery of the well intervention cost staircase
Well Integrity Management (WIM
- Evaluate traded information from other operators for benchmarking, nts (e.g. AFEs) for design evolution and industry best practices
- Calculate and monitor well performance within operating envelope and flag potential deviations
- Define and Monitor SWD operations relative to the design envelope
- Plan and execute well integrity related testing and work resolution to well integrity challenges
- Support field area chemical utilization and management
- Identify inter-wellbore communication (IWC) risks and mitigate those risks through well intervention activity or operational interventions.
- Support Plug & Abandon (P&A) activities
- Support the development PT in forecasting new well production and infrastructure constraints for a field area
- Provide inputs to field development plan based on operational knowledge
- Participate in weekly development team meetings to share learnings
- Support Integrated Activity Planning through detailed analysis of changes and impacts thereof
- Support commercial activity within the field area to maximize deal value for Shell
PJ5 position based in Neuquen for nationals. No expat position.
5 years (or below) of relevant industry experience.
Advanced speaking and written English skills requiredOnshore oil production background with experience in field operations is preferred.Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in related engineering discipline or equivalent experience.Knowledge in integrated production system modelingKnowledge in artificial lift design and operationKnowledge level competency demonstrated for Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) techniques and methods, preferably including Causal Learning.Knowledge in production forecasting (e.g. Decline Curve Analysis and/or Rate Transient Analysis)Demonstrated abilities to work across multi-disciplinary teams that could include operations, leadership, finance, engineering, regulatory, and others.Change Management skills, including knowledge level understanding of the Management of Change (MOC) process.Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative.Self-directed individual requiring minimum supervisionHigh safety standards and Enterprise First mindsetSoftware skills on Tubing/rod pumping designs, Open Wells or similar, Realtime production data acquisition systems (ex: SCADA), Prosper, OFM.