Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Gurugram, Haryana, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
At Shell doing the right thing is a part of our core ways of running the business and if that is ever in doubt, one would 'speak up'. Empowering people to do the right thing, even if difficult, even if nobody is watching, is core to the cultural fabric. Being recognized as an employer of choice, including a best employer for women, year on year, points to- great jobs, positive culture, progressive policies and benefits and inspirational leadership.
This did not happen overnight! If you wish to be a part of the team that are the custodians of culture building and maintaining a 'Just Culture', then this is the role for you. The Employee relations team manages the Ying and the Yang-
Design and roll out of proactive interventions around:
• Leadership capability on cultural / legal context of managing teams in India
• Driving the diversity and inclusion agenda across a multi business, multi location, multi site (Offices/ factories/ Retail) presence in India
• Flagship programs on sustainably driving the EVP for Shell in India
• Partnering with other SME groups on the culture building agenda- eg. Ethics and Compliance, Shell Health, Corporate Security, Govt. relations etc.
Subject matter expertise and professional maturity in responding to:
• Cases raised through global Helpline or via HR around Harassment at work (including Sexual Harassment), Breach of code of conduct, violation of policies etc
• Appropriate consequence management maintaining a common yardstick across businesses and demonstrating 'Just Culture'
• Potential legal cases raised by employees
In other words, the Role entails:
Employee Relations and Employee Engagement
- Lead Proactive and reactive employee engagement initiatives aimed at improving quality of leadership/ employee engagement through line managers
- Provide country specific Subject Matter Expertise through ER/IR advice
- Act as trusted advisor/ offer coaching for Line leaders (formal/informal)
- Provide HR support to Employee networks like Young Shell India, LGBTQ, Women's network, eNable etc.
- Drive and support an inclusive workforce and the overall D&I agenda for the Country
- Engage with local Industry associations on ER/IR matters.
- Implement employee engagement plan for the identified employee groups based on feedback received from Shell people survey and other platforms
HSSE, Compliance & Ethics
- Set up local crisis management governance and manage HR angle of crisis in collaboration with key stakeholders like Country Chair, Real Estate, Health and Services
- Sense (also through the line and HR Advice) what goes on in the organization and anticipate what topics can grow into grievances. Effectively manage whistle-blowers, maintaining the strictest confidentiality.
- Lead HR investigations, Global Helpline complaints and other grievances
- Ensure duty of CARE towards employees and contractors (worker welfare)
- Manage high-impact or high-risk individual or collective disciplinary, grievance or other ER/IR issues.
Capability and community building
- Ensure robust information & knowledge mgmt relating to country specific ER/IR content
- Collaborate with HR Expertise to ensure good solid knowledge of Labor Practices standards internally and keeping up to date with the external news and development
- Coach HR Advisors and Line Managers on quality ER, Ethics & Compliance
- Implement employee engagement plan based on outcome of Shell People survey
This position will be a part of the India Employee Relations and Industrial Relations Team and will be Gurgaon office based, while other colleagues in the team are across Bangalore and Mumbai. While the Gurgaon office is one of the smaller sites within Shell India, it is the corporate head office and houses the HODs Lubricants Sales & Mktg, corporate functions and also houses the India Country Chair.
In terms of a long and rewarding career with Shell, you can expect:
• A great global work culture, with the flexibility to do what you do best
• On-the Job learning opportunities- multi cultural teams, virtual stakeholder mgmt., ability to navigate through a matrixed organization
• Build in deeper expertise in ER/IR; be part of larger team initiatives.
• World class career development opportunities
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.
What we look for:
• HR professionalism - protect our license to operate. Country ER/IR Advisors should be the experts on employee engagement, complex case management and industrial relations (preferred but not mandatory)
• Self starter- ability to perform without much supervision. Able to work with F2F as well as remote colleagues
• Team player with strong collaboration skill/ integrative leadership (with other parts of the HR organization and other functions)
• Excellent verbal & written communication; case writing skills are required; knowledge of additional Indian languages is a plus.
• Proven experience in country-specific employee representative processes including CLAs
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills and will be required to build effective relationships with stakeholders.
• Maintain strict confidentiality, independence and standards of professionalism in the conduct and management of investigations.
• A Highly collaborative and open individual with the highest level of integrity and loyalty who can work successfully with multi-disciplinary, multi-national teams.
• Strong diagnostic and evaluation skills - able to distill key themes and value drivers from complex and sometimes conflicting data and insights.
• Influencing skills to effectively manage a broad range of both external and internal stakeholders including 3rd party bodies and government agencies.
• Able to identify and understand local external market trends (economic, political, social) and derives insights to drive effective a long-term ER/IR environment
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.