Skills: Commercial Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: The Hague, South Holland, Netherlands
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This is an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Investor Relations professional or an Equity Analyst to engage investors on behalf of Royal Dutch Shell in Europe, Asia and Australia and support the broader development of Royal Dutch Shell's strategic messaging to the international financial community.
What's the role?
Investor Relations (IR) is responsible for managing Royal Dutch Shell's (RDS/Shell) communication with the international financial community of analysts and investors. Internally, IR operates closely with the Executive Committee, other Senior Management, the Company Secretary office, Media Relations, Business finance and Strategy teams.
The Senior IR Officer will be part of the Europe IR team that engages with investors in Europe, Asia and Australia and supports the broader development of the RDS strategic messaging for use with external stakeholders. This role is a unique opportunity to get a full overview of Shell's businesses, strategy and portfolio/project activities and especially the Downstream business.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Building a solid understanding of RDS strategy, strategic themes and their financial dimensions, projects and financial aspirations to be able to properly communicate with key influencers and investors.
- Manage RDS communication with the financial community of analysts and investors as an official spokesperson for RDS.
- Primary accountability for institutional investors in Asia, Australia and UK. Responsibility for building and maintaining relationships with buyside and with sell-side analysts.
- Support the IR Leadership Team in the developing and implementing of the capital markets engagement strategy.
- Define an IR program that helps to achieve the aspired investor portfolio and identify disclosure opportunities to lift RDS valuation potential.
- Design annual engagement programs (including roadshows and conferences) for Executive Committee and EVPs with investors and prospective investors.
- Responsible for IR support to the Downstream business including advice on the business narrative, preparation of business-specific disclosures/investor presentations, deal support and disclosure reviews.
- Support and/or lead preparation of RDS key investor events.
- Provide market perspective to IR Manager and analysts managing the external disclosures to ensure effective messaging and relevant disclosures in quarterly results announcements and other IR publications and events.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
What we need from you
The role deals with a diverse pool of stakeholders including senior management (up to CEO & CFO), shareholders and equity analysts which will require the ability to manage competing priorities and to effectively manage relationships. IR being a fast pace environment, this role will also require the ability to work independently and perform under pressure, while seeking advice or help when necessary. In addition to that you will bring:
- Knowledge and significant experience of buyside and sellside interactions
- Ability to develop and deepen RDS's investor base in the east
- An in-depth understanding of the company strategy and portfolio, the stock market and its drivers
- Understanding of macro considerations for the broader energy markets
- Strong presentation/communication skills and excellent analytical skills
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video