Skills: Project Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Leeds, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Responsible for project planning duties including schedule development, schedule baselining, supporting progress measurement, schedule maintenance/progressing as well as schedule analysis/reporting to internal and external stakeholders and customers.
Our Project Planners need to be able to work independently, applying planning and scheduling techniques and ensure schedules are compliant with company planning procedures.
- Ensure and drive for safe working and adherence to HSSE requirements.
- Develops and maintains work package level schedules based on inputs through various supporting systems.
- Responsible to produce the baseline schedule and obtain the proper approvals (thru reviews) from all project stakeholders
- Ensures that the project priorities are clearly communicated to project management, engineering, manufacturing and other functions within the Organization, at the package level
- Reviews and integrates subcontractor schedules and ensures compliance with project requirements
- Supports set up of the progress measurement and progress reporting systems in accordance with established procedures
- Participates in risk identification and mitigation; prepares the work package schedule for use in Pertmaster and assists with the risk mapping matrix
- Participates in internal/external project meetings and provide inputs/recommendations for the timely completion of the project
- Develops project presentations and provides reporting information for both internal & external use (standard as well as customer specific reports) on an as required basis
- Prepares detailed analysis of the project's critical and sub-critical paths incl. the development of schedule recovery plans as required
- Actively participates in the identification of project changes to the original scope and provides schedule impact information for the creation of change order requests.
- Implementation and update of project schedules for incorporation of approved change orders under the lead planner guidance
- Supports tender schedule creation for new ITT's based on Scope of Work, execution strategy and customer delivery requirements
- Implementation of lessons learned
Experience / skills required for the role:
- Previous planning experience is required within a manufacturing/engineering/ project
- management environment.
- Project controls work experience (or equivalent) ideally in the oil and gas EPC and/or
- manufacturing environment
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in the use of Primavera, MS Project and Microsoft
- Office applications. Knowledge of Pertmaster Risk Management Software and SAP is a plus
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) preferred
The following experience / skills would also be beneficial:
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret and summarize information clearly and
- Experience working internationally with other locations
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in MRP systems (preferably SAP) and scheduling software (Primavera)
- Ability to working independently with minimum supervision and/or guidance
- Basic leadership and negotiation skills are a plus
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.