Skills: Metallurgist / Materials Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Our client is looking for a Senior Metallurgy Engineer within the materials discipline to provide technical guidance and support to projects on metallurgy, corrosion and welding issues.This role is based in Aberdeen for a period of 12 months.
- Provide technical support in the form of metallurgy, corrosion and welding engineering expertise consistant with project requirements.
- Assist in maintaining the suite of corporate material specifications.
- Assist in developing the portfolio of work undertaken by the Materials group.
Your role will involve the following:
- Undertake assessments, material selection studies, vendor reviews and audits, failure investigations, etc. to the required level of detail, within budget and on schedule.
- Preparation and approval of welding procedures and development of welding method statements.
- Present results and findings, both written and verbal, in a concise and professional manner.
- Assist in the preparation of CTR estimates and schedules for metallurgy or welding studies and support.
- Maintain and develop current awareness of relevant technology, codes and standards.
- Liaise with other disciplines, departments, project personnel, vendors, clients, etc.
- Relevant Corrosion Engineering qualification
- Relevant Metallurgy and Materials Science qualification
- Excellent technical knowledge concerning material selection, specification, design codes, corrosion and corrosion management systems.