Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Logistics Advisor for a 10 month contract on rotation in Fort McMurray.
Logistics Advisor provides logistics subject matter expertise. May include aviation, marine, shore base, ground transportation and camp services to deliver safe reliable and cost efficient logistic services. Has overall responsibilities to serve as the contact for providing logistical and materials management services and support for its ongoing business, including affiliates where no local services organization or infrastructure exists. Manages the day-to-day logistical business, including, but not limited to, implementing logistics strategies, supervising drilling logistics contractor staff, material control functions, inventory management, and coordinating material movements to offshore or onshore rig locations.
Typical Job Positions may include: Logistics Specialist, Aviation Advisor, Marine Advisor, Shore Base Advisor, Ground Transport Advisor, Camp Services Advisor and may cover some or all of the responsibilities listed below.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILI†IES
In addition to all Level 1 tasks and responsibilities, a Level 2:
- Conduct initial in-country scouting trips to determine and assess logistical requirements
- Supervises supply base/warehouse operations including movement of materials and equipment, personnel, supply vessels/trucks, and aircraft to maintain a consistent level of logistics and procurement support of international drilling activities
- Primary contact with custom officials and freight forwarding companies for import/export clearance of materials and equipment. Maintains appropriate import/export records and required documentation for internal and regulatory requirements
- Assists with contract tendering exercises for supply base/warehouse facilities, marine vessels, aviation (fixed and rotary wing), stevedoring, and custom-clearing agents
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management, or other technical degree
- 10+ years' experience in supply and logistics, preferably in international frontier operations
- Experience working in Upstream Operations, preferably Drilling support activities and related materials, equipment and services. Knowledgeable of procedures and requirements, and be capable of incorporating them into working policies and procedures
- Demonstrates strong planning, scheduling, coordination and administration skills. Demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills to work with Production, Development, Projects, Drilling and Exploration; able to network effectively across organizations.
- Behavioral Skills: adaptability, analytical capability, collaboration, effective communication, innovation
- Functional Skills: SSHE management - operations and maintenance, process planning and mechanical coordination, maintenance management, maintenance - mechanical, logistics, general marine operations
Reporting to the Shutdown and Outages Foreman this position has the accountability for the safe and productive operation of the shutdown and outages logistics requirements including materials storage, kitting & staging, coordination with contract companies, rental equipment such as light vehicles, tooling, radios, gas monitors, etc as well as internal resources and will work closely with branches of the L&I team.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.