Skills: Pipe Inspection / NDT
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Paris, Île-de-France, France
1. To promote safety culture within the project and his/her activities. Lead by exemplarity to have the team members and colleagues adhering and contributing.
2. To ensure that safe and ethic working practices are carried out within the activities that he/she is managing or interfacing with. To guarantee the compliance on his activities.
3. To ensure that state of the art, TEPA referential and local rules/laws are complied with and captured in all contractual requirements.
4. To work by anticipation.
5. With the spirit of One TOTAL values, to establish and manage his/her activities motivating his/her counterparts and to work diligently to meet the targets of the Projects.
6. To promote innovation as far as compatible with good enough approach for all activities. To seek optimization and savings all along the different phases of the project. To focus on costs without impairing QHSE objectives.
7. To keep Technical leader and all parties (as required) informed regarding ongoing activities status. To advise the Project Managers on architecture related actions/decisions.
8. To identify, implement and manage all necessary engineering studies related to SURF NDT.
9. To assist Company Representatives at fabrication sites, in particular:
- Witness of NDT operations, AUT qualification
- Assessment and evaluation of NDT Operator Qualifications NDT facilities, including arrangements for personnel protection and HSE;
- Assessment and evaluation of the ''in-place'' equipment for the fit-for-purpose.
- Attendance at Site (including on board vessel) to witness AUT testing
- Review and approval of any "Special Processes" related to the NDT discipline
10. To assist QC lead and perform inspection when necessary
11. To assist installation Lead and go on installation vessel as required
12. To participate to the resolution of any discipline-related problem occurring during the Execution Phase, to review and give recommendation on technical deviation requests and to keep updated the documentation related to the disciplines.
13. During bid stage to review, clarify bidder proposal. Be part of the travelling team during the CCFT.
- Provide sound answers to SURF Contractors clarifications / qualifications on their proposal
- Clarify and approve the proposed NDT philosophy / execution plan for engineering, onshore fabrication and offshore installation
- Clarify and approve NDT equipment & validation/qualification methods to be mobilized by SURF Contractors throughout project execution
- Clarify and approve SURF Contractors organization principles (organization chart & CVs of key personnel) for NDT
14. To supervise and control the detailed engineering by timely reviewing the disciplines-related documentation issued by Contractor (technical documentation / queries / derogation requests...), in order to ensure compliance with Project Specifications and Procedures (when applicable), international norms and standards with the objective to ensure respect of the schedule and to optimise costs without impacting required level of Quality and Safety. To raise consequently necessary comments and highlight unsafe design, deviations, unacceptable / unjustified design choices, constructability issues...
15. To liaise and interface actively with other SURF specialists with regard to the disciplines-related matters and on all engineering, procurement, constructability, operability and maintainability matters, in order to ensure consistency of the work.
16. To be a trouble shooter, to assist Company Representatives at fabrication sites /offshore vessel and participate to the resolution of any related-discipline problem occurring during the Execution Phase, to advice on technical deviation requests and to keep updated the documentation related to his discipline. To participate to the resolution of any discipline related problem occurring during the Execution Phase, to review and give recommendation on technical deviation requests and to keep updated the documentation related to the disciplines.
17. To ensure adequate and timely reporting to the SURF Packages Leader (progress, concerns), and, as a general manner, anticipates problems, optimizes, improves, offers solutions with regards to his discipline.
18. To ensure confidentiality of all the disciplines-related documentation produced (whatever its support).
19. To gather, as requested, 'lessons learnt' and provide feedback to the Engineering and Procurement Leader and other TOTAL E&P entities as required.
Context and environment
The PBF (Project brown field) entity is in charge all brown field project on Block 17 which comprises GIRASSOL, DALIA, PAZFLOR and CLOV field The Block 17 is operated by Total EP Angola (40%) on Block 17 with Statoil (23.3%), Esso, (20%) and BP (16.7%) as partners
The main forecast brown field project are:
- Zinia Ph2 : tie back to PAZFLOR , 5 new producer and 4 new water injection wells
- Dalia Ph3 : tie back to subsea DALIA network 6 new producer wells
- ACCE & Begonia : subsea tie back to KAOMBO & PAZFLOR (early feed phase)
- CLOV Ph3: In pre-project phase
- Dalia Ph4 : In conceptual phase
PBF Project will be developed to compensate the decline B17 with the objectives to maximize economical results by optimizing the reserves, the schedule and/or reducing the costs, while maintaining the technical quality of the installation, with high H3SE requirements and focus.
The Angolan content of the work will also be a key factor to its success PBF project execution involves a high level of synergies with TEPA Logistics and Operations entities. Maintaining a clear and efficient communication & scheduling/re-scheduling of the activities is key to project success
The SURF PBF package team will work on all the ongoing PBF projects through a SURF transverse organization. The Service holder will work on several projects at different stage in the same time. The Service holder shall be able to work easily in a transverse team.
The Service holder is also accountable for demonstrating an exemplary behavior with regard to H3SE rules and requirements and for ensuring their implementation within his/her scope of responsibility
The Service Holder will work at the beginning on ongoing alliance CCFT of ACCE and Begonia. He will be part of the dedicated team of these projects.
The Service holder will ensure, during detailed engineering, procurement and construction phases ( on shore and offshore), that all deliverables and documents (both internal and external) related to the disciplines and subjects he is in charge of are timely issued and fitted for purpose. He shall ensure compliance of Contractors deliverables and documents with Company H3SE requirements and specifications, with applicable codes and standards and best engineering practices, and with Project specifications wrt these disciplines. He will review deviations to Company specifications or deviations requests/technical queries
The Service holder will participate in the management of disciplines-related engineering interfaces with other concerned disciplines/packages. He is responsible for monitoring the engineering of the disciplines and subjects he is in charge of. He will timely and actively liaise with other specialists of the SURF team in order to ensure consistency of the works.
Duration / Location
Start Date: Jan 2020
Duration: 3 years
Location: Paris at Contractor's office. Frequent missions to be forecasted due to spread of work package locations including offshore.
Professional Experience (years): 10 / 15 years in Oil & Gas industry on Offshore / Subsea Projects / Fields
Experience in similar position (years): ± 5 years in similar position
Level / Diploma: Engineering degree/MSc, or equivalent
Languages: English mandatory
ASNT (or recognized equivalent) Level III AUT and minimum LII RT: Essential
ASNT (or equivalent) minimum LII PT, LII MPI, Radiographic Interpretation, and Senior Inspector: Highly desirable
Previous experience of managing Contractor AUT Qualification for offshore pipelines: Essential
Previous experience of supervising NDT including AUT Qualification for TOTAL projects: Highly desirable
Good organization and communication would be appreciated.
Worldwide missions to be forecasted due to spread of Contractors' manufacturing sites, fabrication yards, sub-vendor facilities.
Good motivational skills. Sound organization ability and respect for planning and budgets.
HSSE in SURF
Project management (Budget/Cost/Schedule)
SURF Engineering - NDT / welding inspection
SURF Construction - NDT / welding inspection
Knowledge of Company rules/procedures
SURF installation - NDT / welding inspection
Management / negotiation of/with contractors
Knowledge of packages interface
Management of external studies
With 18 years of activity around the world, Grupo Epalmo, based in Porto, Portugal, is acknowledged in its own country and in the international markets for its competence, accuracy, professionalism and perseverance, being one of the major business groups experienced in Human Resources, Temporary Work, Professional Training, Consulting, Construction and Industrial Maintenance.
Grupo Epalmo has always followed a business dynamic focused on both clients and collaborators, and though mainly directed on the Energy, Industrial and Construction areas, it has been increasing its investments regarding the conquering of new and ambitious goals and markets.
Based always on a spirit of professionalism and supported by a technical and theoretical know-how, Grupo Epalmo, and its highly qualified and motivated teams, is the first to provide services with the aspiration to best serve the clients’ demands, with dedication and consideration.
Operating in more than 20 countries, including Angola, we provide our teams and specialists, for operators in the international energy sector, from Oil & Gas and industrial maintenance, to nuclear and construction.
Grupo Epalmo, Headquarters;
Rua S. Lourenco 12 1 Sala 1 e 6
4446 – 909 Ermesinde – Portugal
Tel: (+351) 229 773 650
Fax: (+351) 229 733 544
For more information's and Resumes Submittals please use the following: