Skills: Contracts Engineer
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Senior Contract Specialist, on a contract basis, location in Aberdeen.
Manage the execution of the complete Category Management & Contracting Process (CMCP) including Contract Strategy and Tactics but with a specific focus on Post Award Contract Management activities for the assigned contract portfolio and collaborate with Internal & External (Suppliers) and other Stakeholders in ensuring delivery of maximum value via each of the awarded contract/commercial deal (both pre-award and post award).
- Ensure delivery & effectively manage contracts while continuously drive value improvement targets.
- Effectively manage contract claims and variations to achieve the best commercial outcome for the project team
- Identify, develop & implement supply chain improvement opportunities.
- Develop commercially competitive project sourcing strategies and tactics that meet the Business Demand while taking into account potential implementation of Global Strategies at local/regional level.
- Conduct tenders, evaluate bids & drive negotiations with Suppliers in accordance to the CMCP and Project Standards as an overall 'guidance'.
- Management of 'high risk' contracts, including the periodical review of HSSE risks.
- Implementation of Contractor HSSE practices in close liaison with Contract Managers/Holders and Owners.
- Ensure Supply Chain Strategy supports Goal Zero Aspiration through implementation of robust Contractor Safety Management practices and alignment to company personal and process safety Goal Zero focus areas.
- Support the Contract Managers/Holders in the ongoing delivery of contracts. Proactively identify & understand commercial/procurement needs from internal stakeholders and, manage the Contracting and Procurement (C&P) aspects of any change or new requirement.
- Collaborate with and support the project services, finance and other internal stakeholders to setup, manage, close and administer the contractual records and administration.
- Active part of a Project Portfolio team. Responsible to collaboratively propose competitive solutions for the relevant contracts. This may involve constructively challenging the Business Demand &/or Procurement Practices in order to drive value and efficiency for the organization.
- Manage Supplier Relationship effectively and collaboratively drive continuous performance improvement via relevant contract key metrics (Eg: HSSE, Operations, Cost). This would involve constructively challenging the Suppliers in terms of the contract delivery and performance as well as delivering any other commitments under the contract.
- Part of a small focussed team to deliver projects
- Ensure strong connect across the wider CP Organization to ensure continuous cross sharing and leverage of best practices.
- Ensure collaborative ways of working with Global Category Team (where relevant).
- Provides support and guidance to other team members to ensure delivery of results where possible.
- Builds effective working relationships with others and makes a constructive contribution within immediate team.
- Ensure application of the E2E CMCP process, using commercial judgement, common sense and a simplification mind-set, understanding the difference between non-negotiable compliance elements (Safety, E&C, Code of Conduct, Law) and CP operating practices, while always keeping enterprise business value in focus.
Special Challenges (Complexity):
Realizing Value & Opportunity
- Ability to manage and prioritize value and the potentially dynamic nature of the portfolio based on Business Demand and Team Capacity.
- Supporting the delivery of contracts awarded, which includes developing comprehensive post award contract management plans to enable value maximization for the organization.
- Supplier and contract management challenges; Ability to lead and drive value from Business Performance Reviews and other value initiatives.
- Various interface management which includes internal (Business Stakeholders, Global Category Team, wider CP Team) & external (Suppliers, Contractors) that would require excellent collaboration and close cooperation.
Qualification & Delivery
- Proven experience within C&P;
- Proven track record of execution excellence & delivering results, also in managing and delivering value from contracts post-award.
- A degree level (Business/Engineering/or other relevant field) and preferably (but not mandatory) a Professional C&P Qualification (e.g. MCIPS, ISM).
- Highly tuned commercial acumen and curiosity combined with experience (demonstrated) ability to develop and deliver value from complex deals and manage complex contractor relationships.
- Proven experience in contract negotiations & complex tender evaluation.
- Good understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues.
- Highly driven, 'can do', inspiring, able to articulate in a crisp and precise manner
- Is understood and is credible at all levels in company
- Focused on tangible value outcomes for the enterprise, translates strategy to outcomes
- Brings external market/supplier into the conversation (curiosity)
- Uncompromising on HSSE, ethics & compliance is a 'must have' in all C&P
- Collaborates and integrates within C&P and with business, enterprise first
- Understands business and speaks business language
- Has effective influencing skills and can flex his/her style to audience