Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Our Client is looking to recruit a Project Accounting Manager based in our Aberdeen office on a permanent basis.
The Project Accounting Manager will provide financial expertise and support to Projects to meet their business objectives. Leading a team of Project Accountants in the location, the Manager has project accounting responsibility in a large complex Organisation
Reporting into the UK Project Accounting Manager, we seek an ambitious candidate looking to broaden their experience within this role.
- Collaboration with the location management team
- Recruits, trains, coaches and develops a large project accounting team
- Provide commercial support to the business on margin improvement, overhead reduction and cash flow maximisation. Continue to monitor/assess the risk profile of the group of projects and recommend remedial action prior to commercial impact
- Liaise with the billing team to ensure timely and accurate invoicing (clients and joint ventures)
- Responsible for revenue and profit recognition, including timing of costs, accruals and revenue recognition, in accordance with Group Finance accounting policies
- Finance liaison on all audits
- Lead team to provide detailed project analysis to support monthly reporting
- Owns the accuracy of financial data as reported in monthly MPRD's through collaboration with project teams
- Responsible for forecasting/budgeting of projects within the largest UK location
- Ownership for project reconciliations around WIP, Provisions, Accruals, Receivables
- Management of invoicing/cash to drive best in class DSO
- Challenge and develop the current process and methodologies and push for continuous improvement
- Ensure alignment of the project controls, commercial and finance functions
- Adhoc projects/support to UK Project Accounting Manager & location management
- Educated to degree level with significant and progressive accounting experience
- Experience of managing a large team within a complex organisation
- A confident and high energy individual with a desire to make a difference and offer suggestions for improvement & recommendations.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent analytical skills and a strong eye for the detail.
- Previous experience of the industry/sector is advantageous
- Advanced Excel and system skills.
- Hyperion and Oracle experience highly desirable.