BP is executing a number of major projects within the Global Projects Organisation and is looking to fill a number of planning roles within the Project Controls discipline.
There is a need for both experienced planning engineers and professionals who may be earlier in their career who are looking to pursue a career in Project Control and Planning.
For the senior roles we would expect a deep understanding of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and start-up work processes for FEED and EPC projects.
In addition to this experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling activities, which include schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and the home office.
It is expected that suitable candidates will have a Bsc. Degree or HND in a relevant discipline with solid years of experience in the Energy Industry.Roles and Responsibilities
Essential Skillls & Experience
- Manage the preparation of the Project Integrated Schedule (Master Control Schedule - MCS)
- Development of Level 1 schedule and the Schedule Basis and Assumptions document.
- Work closely with the project Cost Engineer to ensure costs phasing and forecasting aligns with the current control schedule.
- Support interface management for integrating scopes and stakeholders external to the project.
- Ensure that Contractor plans contain activities, durations, logic and timings that reflect industry standard methods for the scope of work.
- Oversee Contractor schedule, progress measurement and reporting, ensuring implementation of Contractors' contractual requirements (review, comment and approve Schedule Development and Control Plans, schedules, outputs, reporting).
- Analyse progress performance and correlate progress indicators with other project controls indicators (schedule, quantity installation, workforce, and productivity). Trend performance indicators to assist with the development of 'non-biased' owner's perspective of progress measurement.
- Analyse the Contractor resource, progress, and productivity measures against the schedule to address reporting accuracy in all areas.
- Facilitate and monitor the tracking and forecasting of interfaces between Contractors.
- Develop and maintain integrated, logic-linked schedules for assigned Delivery Team(s) that shall be used to inform the MCS.
- Provide the necessary ad hoc schedules to ensure the development of proper estimates and studies within a project stage.
- Implement, analyse and trend schedules within each project stage and for entire project
- Perform Schedule Risk Analysis.
- Provide schedule input to and implement schedule element of the change management procedure.
- Participate in development and implementation of progress measurement and reporting system, including WBS roll-up levels, weightings and reporting.
- Prepare and present project information to appropriate stakeholders
- Interface with the Operations Organization and Wells Organization to ensure schedule interfaces are identified in relevant schedules, underpinning the MCS.
- Act as primary interface with Operations Organization Activity Planning group at the detailed-planning level for Brownfield or interface scope.
- Attend coordination meetings, both within the Project Team and with Contractors.
- Degree in engineering / economics / science
- Strong commitment to HSSE
- Experience working in major projects within Oil & Gas industry.
- Experience in a Planning Lead role with a strong track record of delivery.
- Sound background and experience in major projects planning processes.
- Experience working with large contractor organizations.
- Strong track record of responsibility for execution and delivery of solutions to complex problems in a team context.
- High level of self-motivation.
- Confidence and ability to challenge existing paradigms and introduce innovative ideas into the project strategy.
- Experience performing effectively in a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment.
- Membership of a relevant professional body