Skills: Environmental Engineer, HSE Manager / Advisor
Other Skills: Forest Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Milano, Italy
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are currently recruiting for an expert to be included in our HSEQ environment area
The key responsibilities are:
- Support in the evaluation of regulatory frameworks issued by international bodies (i.e.: EU, UN, etc.)
- Support in the evaluation of developing countries regulatory and governance frameworks for the development of REDD+ projects
- Collaboration with REDD + project development activities Promoters (UN, World Bank etc.)
- Management and monitor of the REDD+ project activities performed by leading carbon offset providers and non governmental organizations
- Support in the forest offset management activities (eg REDD +) aimed at reducing GHG emissions, rural development and biodiversity conservation
- Support in the processes of registration, verification and certification of offset projects according to the main regulated or voluntary standards
- Experience required:
- Collaboration with international bodies or private companies aimed at development cooperation or legislative advice to developing countries
- Management and / or evaluation of projects in the agro-forest sector aimed at reducing emissions and / or absorption of greenhouse gases in developing countries.
- International Sustainable Forest Management
- International / National carbon credits management
- Degree in forestry engineering, forestry and environmental sciences or equivalent
- Master in Environmental Sciences, Forestry, Environmental Governance or equivalent
- Knowledge of International legislation on emission reduction and forest management (eg Kyoto Protocol, Paris Agreement, Sustainable Development Goals, Forest Convention etc.)
- Knowledge of National Forest Management Strategies of Countries with experience in REDD + Projects
- Knowledge of main Voluntary Certification schemes (VCS and CCB, APX Register) as well as Regulated Standard schemes (EU ETS)
- Knowledge of the main practices of good forest management (ex: IPCC guide lines)
- Knowledge of the main international funds / initiatives aimed at financing capacity building in developing countries
- English proficiency (an additional language can be an advantage)
- Knowledge of GIS software for forestry inventory and management
- Team work
- Courage to change
San Donato Milanese
Eni will evaluate the applications received for the position in question. The candidates considered to be most in line with the profile required will be contacted to continue the selection process.
Build the future of energy
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.