Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Operations Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Senior Operations Business Specialist will assist in identifying and manage improvement processes with respect to the workflow processes within our ROV Operations and optimize day-to-day activities. The role involves tasks like analyzing business operations and identifying customer needs in order to bring the two closer together.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Organizes and coordinates implementation of project plans to ensure compliance with overall strategic plans, goals and unit objectives, as well as maintenance of optimal operating efficiency within the unit.
- Establishes and implements short and long term goals and objectives to ensure that projects are successfully completed in a timely and cost-effective manner, and that the end product is consistent with initial requirements.
- Researches and analyzes best methods and practices relative to achievement of specified business unit goals and operating objectives; designs and develops alternative systems and procedures, as appropriate to the objectives of the unit.
- Attends Customer meetings. Develops new and existing customer relationships. Maintaining reporting through Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database as well as other internal communication channels.
- Evaluates customer feedback to determine customer needs.
- Tracks and analyzes important reports such as budgets, operation's activity and department metrics to determine trends and variances to identify areas in which positive changes can be made.
- As appropriate to the position, oversees one or more core operational and/or programmatic activities for the operating unit, as individually specified by unit leadership.
- Travels Internationally as required
- Minimum Five years' related experience in ROV and oil & gas industry.
- Minimum Five years' experience in developing new and existing customer relationships and reporting through the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Minimum Five years in process improvement, Quality Management, Administrative, Office, Project Management, and Operations Management; or, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Minimum Five years P&L Management/Budget planning
- Must be experienced in developing best methods and practices in achieving business unit goals and operating objectives.
- Minimum Five years in Advanced Continuous Improvement (CI) experience
- Minimum Five years in Business Acumen to understand risk and challenges.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.