Skills: IT - Programming & Database, Electrical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Location: Menlo Park, California, United States
Location: Schlumberger STIC- Menlo Park, CA
The Schlumberger STIC HPC software engineer/architect participates in writing parallel programming models, possesses computer architecture knowledge and is experienced with hardware accelerators.
A successful HPC software engineer is technical with excellent interpersonal skills. She/he works effectively with internal and external customers and has demonstrated leadership within professional associations. She/he has very effective verbal and written communication skills.
The STIC software engineer is expected to work in a semi-autonomous environment and to communicate with several project stakeholders, where prototyping of emerging technologies to solve industry-related problems will be the rule. In STIC, fast prototyping goes hand in hand with good architecture design and clean code programming practices. The S.E. keeps up to date on software technology and process and, with increasing experience and seniority, the S.E. will supervise and mentor younger engineers, and participate in activities to define and implement frameworks and design practices, as well as knowledge sharing activities in the local and global community.
Finally, the S.E. is responsible for maintaining updated, accurate and auditable documents regarding STIC procedures and techniques.
- Collaborates with designers, developers, domain experts and product owners to implement scalable and interactive applications.
- Identifies and keeps abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
- Provides technical leadership and documentation to developers and stakeholders.
- May mentor others regarding technical matters.
- Builds prototypes, products, and systems suitable for testing.
- Sets up and runs lab simulations.
- Contributes to design standards and supports design re-use.
- Interacts and engages with customers, users, product managers, and technical architects to understand needs and increase positive impact of users' experience.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering preferred with specialization in parallel computing, HPC, or cloud computing.
- Minimum five years relevant experience in HPC and systems.
- Hardware accelerators (GPUs, etc.).
- Parallel programming models (TBB, OpenMP, MPI, etc.).
- Computer architecture knowledge (Memory hierarchy, vector processors, etc.).
- Strong mathematical and linear algebra background (solvers, finite differences, etc.).
- Immediate availability is an advantage.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
- Interpersonal communication.
- Oral and written communication.
- Team player respected by peers.
- Leadership in applying and mentoring best practices.
STIC is part of the Schlumberger Software Technology organization, responsible for leading the Schlumberger digital technology initiatives. As the oil and gas industry's leading supplier of technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to customers worldwide, the Schlumberger digital technology development and management initiatives play a key role in driving of the oilfield service industry's digital technology transformation.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.