Grade IResponsible for providing Reliability engineering support to projects or operations, including maintenance, inspection and turnaround, proactively interacting with other disciplines, teams, subfunctions and contractors to systematically resolve problems and applying basic engineering judgement to deliver integrated, pragmatic solutions focused on risk management, operating efficiency, defect elimination and standardisation.Job Summary
This role is responsible for designing wells and systems to maximize production while minimizing HSE incidents and well lifecycle costs, in addition to supporting surface facilities operations and design changes. The role is responsible for the downhole and artificial lift engineering activity for assigned wells, surface operations and engineering, with strong emphasis on root cause failure analysis. This role is intended to be 25% in the field to manage intervention rig work, risks and opportunities for improvement regarding well production and well intervention.
- Support HSE initiatives, promote and confirm use of standard procedures, participate in safety reviews and develop solutions to reduce near miss and incident rates for strong HSE culture
- Understand daily/weekly/monthly trends of safety/health/environmental incidents, production, well integrity, and OPEX costs and lead initiatives to improve performance including root cause failure analysis, economic analysis, and deferment reduction programs
- Analysis of performance of production systems, including equipment reliability, system deferment, scaling tendencies across field, corrosion patterns
- Develop and implement artificial lift installations (e.g. rod pumps, ESPs, gas lift, plunger, and artificial lift optimization tools) to optimize well performance
- Analyze failure, reliability, and lifecycle performance of artificial lift types to establish data-driven basis of design for each well type
- Actively participate in the application of technology to monitor or control the production, track the project execution and/or mitigate the operational risk
- Actively participate in cross-functional problem solving to drive cycle time reduction, identify cost-saving opportunities, and improve production
- Understanding, optimizing and troubleshooting from the reservoir to product sales
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- Experience with cost modeling, root cause analysis, systems optimization
- Demonstrated operational and commercial focus: self-directed, process-oriented, strong business acumen, and experience at driving change
- Build productive relationships with employees at all levels of the organization, work collaboratively as part of a team, and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Learn from new ideas and apply solutions to add value
- Overcome obstacles with an intense desire to succeed
- Make value-based decisions involving measured risk to deliver business objectives
- Take responsibility and ownership of business performance
- Keep commitments, listen to others and authentically support change
- BS in Engineering with 2 years of Oil & Gas experience
Desirable Criteria and Qualifications
- Foster an environment of safety first operations
- Demonstrate ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in fast paced environment
- Demonstrated use of IMPACT principles:
- I - Innovated: Learns from new ideas and applies solutions to add value.
- M - Motivated: Overcomes obstacles with an intense desire to succeed.
- P - Performance Driven: Makes value-based decisions involving measured risk to deliver business objectives.
- A - Accountable: Takes responsibility and ownership of business performance.
- C - Collaborative: Shares knowledge and works together for the good of L48.
- T - Trustworthy: Keeps commitments, listens to others and authentically supports change necessary to achieve our Path to Premier.