Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Skills: Contracts Administration
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for taking support and lead roles in drafting, negotiating and concluding negotiations of legal positions in contracts related to Oceaneering's business lines.
• Draft, review, negotiate and administer contracts for the provision of onshore and offshore services and the domestic and international sale and purchase of goods, and charterparties, with a focus on drafting and negotiation of the legal terms and conditions. Some drafting of commercial terms may also be required.
• Interface with peers in the Legal and Contracts departments in other regions to share best practices and ensure consistency throughout the organization.
• Interface with commercial, bids-and-proposals, sales and operations personnel. Advise on terms and conditions and other contractual issues.
• Liaise with Subject Matter Experts, including the Legal, Tax, Finance and Insurance Departments, on respective issues to ensure that all contracts comply with Oceaneering's contracting guidelines or other applicable guidelines.
• Maintain contracts files and database with respect to contracts reviewed and executed.
• Support profit center managers and commercial managers in applying contracting principles to understand and address risks associated with various scopes of work.
• Conduct contracts-related training of operations and other personnel.
• Promote an awareness of Legal Department policies and procedures in coordination with Regional Legal Counsel.
• Perform as a team player with a strong work ethic.
• Perform all work in accordance with Oceaneering's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other relevant policies and procedures.
• Some travel (domestic and international) may be required.
• The list of the job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
• Reports to the Contracts Manager in Aberdeen, UK.
• Peers include Contracts Advisors and Coordinators.
Qualifications / Experience
• Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's degree. Law degree is preferred.
• Experience working in commercial contracting experience in the offshore oil and gas service industry, directly supporting sales and operations management's efforts with clients.
• Knowledge of indemnity structures and risk mitigation utilized in offshore oil and gas service contracts is essential.
Must have excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows:
• Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
• Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
• Work surface is stable (flat)