Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Oceaneering AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services. Position Summary
The First Class Welder position requires a considerable working knowledge of fabrication and welding procedures. Must be able to fabricate and weld from blueprint and maintain stringent tolerances. At this level, candidates are expected to be able to make sound decisions to solve technical problems. Duties & Responsibilities
- Weld all metals, ferrous and non-ferrous, utilizing GMAW, FCAW, GTAW and SMAW welding processes.
- Lay out and fabricate precision weldments from blueprints and engineering concepts with minimal supervision.
- Work independently or as part of a team.
- Operate various metal forming and cutting machines (rollers, shears, iron workers, breaks, drill presses, saws).
- Rigging and operation of lifting and material handling equipment (overhead cranes, gantries, fork lifts).
- Work in diversified and complex situations where solutions require the use of independent judgment following company policies and procedures.
- Assist junior Welders as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One to three years formal training (vocation or technical school) or on-the-job equivalent.
- Ten years previous experience preferred in the welding/fabrication field .
- High proficiency in blueprint reading and layout technique.
- Strong working knowledge of Welding Safety and OSHA requirements.
- Certified in all welding processes relevant to the scope of the company business.
- Knowledgeable on gasses and what types of filler metals can be used on a project.
- Must know how to adjust, trouble shoot and operate all types of welding machines.
This position is considered SHOP/INDOORS which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%
- Noise is over 85 decibels
- Light is intense/glare
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases
- Includes exposure to contaminants
- Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
- Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people
- Requires working indoors in non-controlled environmental conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM
work. OCCASIONAL FREQUENT CONSTANT
- Lift 20-50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces , k neel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identify color differences
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift 10-25 pounds
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead
- Operate a motor vehicle
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.