Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Position Summary
Lead and participate in the design and development of sophisticated web applications, back-end APIs , and data persistence layers. T his position can be located in San Diego, CA; Houston, TX, Norway, Aberdeen, or may work remote. Duties & Responsibilities Functions
- Experience developing high volume/transaction J2EE applications: OOAD, Java, Servlets, Spring, Hibernate, REST, SoapUI, Junit/Testing
- Lead, develop, and maintain cutting edge web applications.
- Contribute to various levels of the stack, including the front-end, middle tier, data ingestion engine , and efficient retrieval from the database.
- Lead individual projects and potentially small teams.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and other team members to derive appropriate solutions.
- Solve complex problems.
- Develop and maintain Unit and/or Functional Tests.
- This position has NO official supervisory responsibilities.
- This position may be called upon to lead small technical teams and serve as a lead systems architect for individual projects.
- This position will report to Manager, Software Development.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum 8 years of software development experience
- Minimum 5 years of Java developme nt experience
- Minimum 5 years of Spring experience
- Minimum 5 years of Hibernate experience
- Minimum 3 years experience with Apache Camel
- Minimum 3 years experience with Maven
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Web services: REST/SOAP
- Minimum 5 years of web development experience
- Minimum 5 years experience with Oracle
- Experience with IDEs like Eclipse or IntelliJ Idea
- Desire/drive to lead new projects
- Strong analytical skills - be a problem solver and be able to develop complex algorithms
- Strong familiarity of design patterns
- Strong written and oral communication skills (English)
- Be a team player. Have opinions and listen to others.
- Passionate about software development! Willing to learn and to help others.
- Functional with technologies across most of the application stack including user interface, middle tier, and database systems.
- Knowledge of the maritime industry a big plus
- Strong Angular expertise
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience with Azure and/or AWS
- Experience with Postgres/PostGIS
- Experience with Git/GitHub
- Experience with Apache ActiveMQ
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with Apache CXF
- Experience with EasyMock, SureFire
- Experience in applying best practices for logging and unit testing
- Experience with Surefire, Hamcrest
- Experience with Apache Velocity
- Experience with Flyway
- Experience with Jetty
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Passionate about UI/UX
- Expertise with responsive design
- Experience working within Scrum methodology
- Experience with development lifecycle tools & processes, build systems, branching & merging, and automated testing
- Interest in other frameworks/platforms/runtimes
- Approaches a complex task or problem by breaking it down into its component parts and considering each part in detail
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Keeps manager informed about progress and problems
- Ability to develop and apply creative and innovative solutions to problems.
- Sees the merits of perspectives other than their own
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Builds on strengths and addresses weaknesses
- Pursues self-development on a continual basis
- Ability to effectively represent the department on multi organizational teams as leader, member or facilitator.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the workplace
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT
work. OCCASIONAL FREQUENT CONSTANT
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands including keyboard typing
- Sit with back supported