Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Stockton-on-Tees, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley is currently recruiting a Mechanical Engineer to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in Stockton on a contract basis.
You will join the Mechanical Engineering Department which provides operational support for all process and utility mechanical equipment for offshore Oil & Gas facilities on Fixed Facilities and Floating Storage and Offloading vessel . The Department consists of Rotating, Static and Packaged Equipment and Mechanical Handling sub-disciplines and also HVAC. Engineering positions involve the resolution of technical faults and defects as well as organising planned maintenance activities including equipment vendor arrangements. High uptimes of the mechanical equipment are critical to maintaining production volumes. This position provides a comprehensive discipline support service to the assets to ensure that there is greater onshore focus to achieve reliability.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised at the Commissioning phase through to operational phase including start up and execution.
- Administer and implement Company, and where applicable, Client/Project policies and procedure
- Approval, checking and preparation of engineering documentation
- Provide discipline support and guidance across the onshore and offshore operations team
- Develop solutions for operational problems within the existing design envelope
- Implementation of best practice & business standardisation across the assets for all mechanical systems
- Support an environment of continuous improvement in the quality and accuracy of maintenance routines
- Liaise with asset planner in planning, preparing, scheduling and prioritizing maintenance activities under area of responsibility ensuring the required level of equipment integrity, reliability and safety
- Provide Manager with regular reports on performance and results, and to be held accountable for area of responsibility
- Ensure vendor personnel are pre-job briefed onshore, informed about offshore contact persons and informed about relevant HSE issues including relevant Offshore Safety Procedures (OSPs) before offshore mobilization
- Commitment to and promotion of Worley values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures