Skills: Civil Engineering
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Stockton-on-Tees, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley is looking for a Control & Instrument Support Engineer to join our Oil and Gas delivery operation based in one of our Stockton office location on a contract basis.
* Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
* The Senior Control and Instrument Engineer provides front line asset support to the execution team running the asset with the aim of executing effective maintenance and repair activities and reports into the Asset Operations Manager.
* They should identify and provide cost effective engineering solutions to plant operations and maintenance problems.
* Act as focal point for performance monitoring and troubleshooting of control and instrumentation systems and identify opportunities to improve efficiency, improve reliability, and reduce operating costs.
* They will be expected to provide qualified engineering advice and approval of small engineering change, maintenance deferrals, ORA's etc. as per the authorisation / approval levels dictated by the clients engineering standards.
* Ensure that discipline specific engineering work (OPEX) remains within/below budget
* Ensure delivery of a technically correct and timely engineering work (OPEX) service
* Engage and participate in any operational improvement process (HAZOPS / HAZIDS) to optimise discipline specific engineering (OPEX) support
* Provide discipline support to the Maintenance Planning process
* Provide discipline support to the review of PMRs within the SAP CMMS
* Provide recommendations for critical spares and optimise asset inventory
* Represent client as contract representative for asset support contracts
* Act as liaison with other disciplines, vendor representatives, and manufacturers.
* Ensure vendor support is efficiently applied when required
* Assist with the resolution of operational problems, including participation in and close-out of accident/incident investigations and equipment failure root cause analysis
* Actively engage with the site execution teams, ensuring participation in corporate behavioral safety and intervention schemes, work to enhance communication and promote understanding of goals
* Communicate discipline specific issues to operations management, advising both execution and support management in any engineering deviations to standards, performance standards or design conditions
* Ensure no discipline outstanding actions are overdue
* Participate in and perform duties as part of the local Emergency Response Team
* Provide qualified engineering advice and approval of small engineering change, maintenance deferrals, ORA's etc. as per the authorisation / approval levels dictated by clients engineering standards.