The primary objective for this role is to facilitate delivery through systematic working and continuous improvement in site HSSE Performance.Discover how our diverse, talented people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better - and how you can play your part in our world-class team. Join our team and advance your career as aHSSE Manager
If you join our team, you may have the following responsibilities
- The HSSE Manager is accountable for leading a team of deeply skilled HSSE professionals.
- The HSSE team develops site standards and practices on personal safety, process safety, occupational health, environment, industrial hygiene and security, and aligns them with BP and legal requirements.
- The team provides guidance, coaching and assistance to the operational teams in implementing these standards and practices.Key Accountabilities.
- Develop a HSSE strategy, policy and plan based on the OMS system that supports the overall Geel site strategy and plans.
- Develop with the site leadership team a safety culture model and expectations. Provide functional support in the delivery of this model.
- Lead a team of deeply skilled HSSE professionals and develop them into experts in the identification of the hazards related to our activities (personal safety, process safety, occupational health, environmental and industrial hygiene, emergency response and security) and in strengthening the associated barriers in risk management.
- Coach leadership in driving safe, compliant and responsible operations through advices in meeting BP HSSE Policies, Standards, Practices and Guidelines and legal requirements.
- Exercise organizational influence by winning the support of key stakeholders in effecting needed changes within their area of influence.
- Proactively respond to changing circumstances and expectations, take ownership for change by encouraging others and working collaboratively to create/improve common work systems and processes.
- Prepare and maintain emergency response readiness, including coordination with municipal and national emergency planning and fire prevention for the plant.
- Coordinates internal company, regulatory and public HSSE performance reporting.
- Verify that all HSSE hazards are identified and adequately addressed, through using the Risk Register.
- HSSE Manager is aware and applies the International Trading Regulation rules concerning export control of technical documentation.
In the HSSE Manager
role we have the following requirements
- Masters degree in engineering discipline or equivalent experience in Health, Safety, Security and Environment
- 15 years or more relevant work experience
- People management experience
- Leadership: able to inspire and motivate people who are directly and not directly under your responsibility.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels. Presentation and networking skills.
- Results oriented: ability to balance multiple roles and demands effectively. Ensures that activities in the organization are focused on achieving results.
- Connecting people: promotes conditions that stimulate people working together. Builds bridges over the boundaries of departments.
- Empathy: sensitive to other people's feelings, views and ideas.
- Prioritization and ownership: makes decisions, sticks to them and acts upon it.