Skills: Electrical Engineering, Instrument & Controls Engineer, Mechanic
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Manila, Philippines
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Trouble-shooting, repair, and calibration of instrumentation in Tabangao Refinery such as flow, pressure, temperature, level transmitters including tank level gauges such as servo or radar level gauges.
- Trouble-shooting repair and calibration of final control elements such as control valves, tight shut-off valves, and motor-operated valves.
- Troubleshooting and repair of low and medium voltage electrical equipment such as electric motors, associated motor control, and power distribution panels.
- Troubleshooting and repair of on-liane process analyzers or quality measuring instruments such as oxygen analyzers, pH and conductivity meters, sulfur analyzers, colorimeters, and chromatographic analyzers.
- Accomplish and submit activity reports such as calibration and hand-over certificates, corrective and preventive maintenance reports through written or computer application software such as SAP or MSOffice.
Shell has been present in the Philippines since 1914 and today employs more than 3,000 people. Shell's diversity of operations in the Philippines attracts world-class graduates and experienced professionals alike. Our commitment to your career and learning is evidenced by our industry-leading career development programme and unrivalled access to a local and global pool of experts. Innovation is imbedded in our working culture, and you will benefit from our drive to help you succeed and unlock your potential. The Shell companies in the Philippines (SciP) include various companies operating in oil and gas exploration, production, oil refining, distribution and sales to consumers. Pilipinas Shell Petroleum Corporation (PSPC) refines, blends, transports and sells a wide range of high quality fuels, lubricants, liquefied petroleum gas, bitumen and other specialty oil-based products. It operates a 93-thousand barrels per day refinery, 22 oil depots across the country and over 970 retail stations nationwide.
- Technical education or BSc in Electrical, Electronics, Instrument & Control Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience in maintenance of instrumentation or electrical equipment in manufacturing or processing facility. Experience in an oil and gas facility will be an advantage.
- Knowledge in measuring principles, configuration, calibration and commissioning of field instrumentation such as flow, pressure, temperature and level transmitters.
- Knowledge of common instrumentation communication protocols such as highway addressable receive transmits (HART), Modbus and other serial communication protocols.
- Knowledge of distributed control systems (DCS) and programmable logic controllers (PLC).
- Knowledge in electrical safety and maintenance of low and medium voltage electrical equipment such as motors, motor starters, and power distribution systems.
- Knowledge of basic electrical testing techniques such as insulation resistance testing, low resistance measurement, and earth impedance measurements.
- Be able to read and interpret engineering drawings common in a refinery such as process engineering flow schemes, instrument, and electrical data sheets, instrument loop diagrams, logic or cause & effect diagrams, electrical wiring, electrical connection, and schematic drawings.
- Knowledge of measuring principles of process on-line analyzers or quality measuring instruments such as oxygen analyzers, pH and conductivity meters, colorimeters, water content analyzers, density meters, sulfur content, and chromatographic analyzers.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video