Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Manila, Philippines
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Make a Difference
If you are an experienced Engineer with expertise in Inspection, Mechanical, Piping or Static Equipment Engineering and well-versed with piping and pressure vessel design codes, then this role is for you!
What's the role?
The Inspection Engineer for Special Projects will provide both program management and technical assurance to inspection and corrosion mitigation programs in Tabangao Refinery, as well as perform project integration and subject matter expert (SME) roles for selected small projects that aim to address existing pressure equipment integrity (PEI) threats to the site.
Some of the key deliverables and responsibilities for this role are as follows:
1. Support the Tabangao Goal Zero Renewal safety program. Actively participate in site HSSE initiatives. Regularly attend and participate in weekly Engineering & Maintenance Safety Toolbox Meetings. Perform monthly Safe Act Audits (SAA) or LOD1 process safety audits as per agreed schedules.
2. Manage the following site inspection and corrosion mitigation programs:
- Fabric Maintenance/Corrosion Under Insulation Program
- Injection & mixing points
- Corrosion schedules i.e. routine thickness measurements
- Retro PMI piping inspections
- Low Silicon carbon steel piping inspections
- Corrosion under pipe supports
- Horizontal dummy legs
3. Liaise with the PEI, Maintenance and different contractor organizations in order to ensure adequate CUI mitigation progress, timely execution of scaffolding and insulation removal steps as prerequisites to inspection activities, timely issuance of inspection reports by the NDT contractors, timely review of inspection reports by the assigned area Inspection Engineers, timely issuance of actions and recommendations as a result of these inspections, and manageable OPEX burn rates for these inspection programs.
4. Resolve technical assurance and execution issues encountered in the inspection and corrosion mitigation programs, or escalate the same to higher-level management for support and resolution.
5. Establish metrics for the inspection and corrosion mitigation programs for the site, analyze these metrics and utilize them for continuous improvement.
6. Perform inspection roles for the special programs in cases of Inspection Engineer unavailability.
7. Assess the applicability of best practices and new technologies in the inspection and corrosion mitigation programs, and implement them selectively based on relevance, effectiveness, and affordability to the site. Pursue an affordable digitalization program for the inspection and corrosion mitigation programs for the site.
8. Perform Project Integrator role for AI/MM projects that address static equipment integrity issues.
9. Perform Inspection Engineering SME/Technical Authority (TA3) role for small projects.
10. Support the Cost Transformation Journey of Tabangao Refinery by ensuring credible, competitive and affordable inspection programs, corrosion mitigation programs and PEI-related AI/MM projects for the site, as well as spearheading or supporting cost optimization initiatives on both OPEX and CAPEX streams.
Shell has been present in the Philippines since 1914 and today employs more than 3,000 people. Shell's diversity of operations in the Philippines attracts world-class graduates and experienced professionals alike. Our commitment to your career and learning is evidenced by our industry-leading career development programme and unrivalled access to a local and global pool of experts. Innovation is imbedded in our working culture, and you will benefit from our drive to help you succeed and unlock your potential. The Shell companies in the Philippines (SciP) include various companies operating in oil and gas exploration, production, oil refining, distribution and sales to consumers. Pilipinas Shell Petroleum Corporation (PSPC) refines, blends, transports and sells a wide range of high quality fuels, lubricants, liquefied petroleum gas, bitumen and other specialty oil-based products. It operates a 93-thousand barrels per day refinery, 22 oil depots across the country and over 970 retail stations nationwide.
- Willing to be based in Batangas City
- At least three (3) years' work experience in the Oil & Gas industry as an Inspection Engineer, Mechanical, Piping Engineer or Static Equipment Engineer
- Well-versed with piping and pressure vessel design codes
- Knowledge in the different type of NDT techniques, applicable codes and acceptance criteria
- Experience in the integration of inputs from different personnel as part of a task or deliverable
- Proficient in the following engagement skills: Stakeholder management, strong team player, influencing skills, delivering through others, building relationships
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video