Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Leeds, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Project Controller has overall responsibility for the financial management of a project including profitability, financial performance, integrity of accounting records, internal financial reporting, external financial reporting, compliance with internal and external policies. The primary purpose of the role is to be the business partner to the Project Director and drive project profitability whilst ensuring integrity of financial data.
- Key partner in Tender handover process to ensure accurate transition from Tender to Execution
- Business Partner to the Project Director, providing commercial support/ accounting advice/ reporting and analysis to drive project profitability.
- Full understanding of the contractual requirements/ financial responsibilities of the Contract. Including but limited to Billing/ Bank Guarantees/ Warranty/ Financial Reporting/ scope of supply/ change management procedures.
- Interpretation of results and project KPI's to provide guidance to Project Director on trends and exceptional items.
- Understanding of project economics to support decision making along with industry/ geographical economics that could affect the project.
- Supporting annual audits in the various jurisdictions impacted by the project, ensuring accurate books and records and maintained.
- Manage and report project cash flows inclusive of currency impacts and potential currency hedging.
- Reports monthly and quarterly project financial status to Regional Controller and Project Management in a timely manner with emphasis on outstanding issues, potential changes, and adverse trends or risks, and financial metrics including IBT, margins, S-curves, economic value added, indirect cost, etc.
- Supports the Management of Change process to identify and record all scope changes and the impact on cost, schedule and quality.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate development of the project estimate at completion (EAC) which is updated and approved each quarter prior to quarter close. The EAC should include a full reconciliation of the Contract Price including lump sum revenues/ VO's and treatment of performance related revenue and customer Instructions. The Project Controller is also responsible to ensure accurate costs and should have the ability to challenge and interrogate cost forecasts based on historical rates/ trends and experience. All movement between quarters should be identified and explained using a good working knowledge of the project dynamics. Risk management information although provided by the Risk Manager should be reviewed and challenged to ensure accurate information is used in the EAC.
Skills / Experience required:
* Accounting Qualification/ Qualified by Experience.
* Experience of working in a project environment, ideally in engineering or construction sectors
* Experience of accounting for international cross border contracts.
* Proven communication and organizational skills.
* Microsoft Excel user experience.
* SAP Experienced user
Additional desirable requirements:
* Understanding/ experience of using ECOSYS
* Strong Influencing and partnering skills
* Knowledge of Oil and Gas industry and subsea market
* Microsoft Office Tools (Word/ PowerPoint/ Outlook etc.)
As an international company we would welcome applicants who are interested in working oversees to develop their career further with us over the next 2 - 3 years.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.