Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Turriff, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for an Electrical and Controls Engineer, on a permanent staff basis, location in Turriff, Aberdeenshire.
To specify and design electrical control systems, specify hardware and IO schedules, write and commission PLC and HMI software in accordance with relevant company and international standards.
Write and approve technical documentation including Functional Design Specifications, Factory Acceptance Tests and Operation Manuals.
Assist the workshop and support manufacturing and commissioning activities. Assist in the development of junior engineers.
- Design, specify, size, and select equipment required for the electrical control and monitoring of winching applications in accordance with relevant company and international standards.
- Scoping of projects, including required control and drive system deliverables
- Assist with developing/checking work plans for control systems team
- Develop/check/approve electrical design schematics
- Develop/check/approve electrical design deliverables
- Provide technical guidance to the lead engineer and project team
- Provide technical guidance to ensure that applicable procedures and standards (client, Company and international) are correctly applied.
- Carry out work as directed by the Lead Engineer/Engineering Manager
- Obtain technical information from suppliers
- Technically approving purchase requisitions/orders as required
- Write, Test and Commission PLC/HMI Software
- Construct system functionality descriptions including FDS and Sales Proposals
- Produce/approve commissioning/testing procedures for electrical/electronic/control systems
- To ensure the efficient use of your working time
- To maintain good timekeeping at all times
- To continually improve work through training, ongoing work experience and appraisals
- To train and coach graduates and apprentices on all good work practices and standards
- Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or HNC with relevant experience.
- Relevant experience in Control System Design and PLC Software
- Experience in the Siemens TIA Platform and PLC Hardware
- Experience in the Siemens FH Systems and CFC Programming
- Experience with Siemens PLC/HMI Hardware selection and design
- Experience of working with electrical switchgear and drive control equipment design
- Knowledge of SCADA Systems
- Experience writing technical specifications, FDS, FAT's, OMM's, etc
- Be capable of producing technical & functional specifications and developing electrical designs from concept through to testing/commissioning.
- TIA Portal Skills.
- Competent in use of Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical
- Electrical Drive and Motor Specification
- Ability to communicate and work with others amicably
- Ability to work on own initiative or as a team member
- Ability to work under pressure, set and achieve deadlines
- Ability to motivate colleagues and share knowledge to further employee development
- Master's Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- CEng or working towards
- Have a sound knowledge of and be experienced in the application of the latest relevant IEC standards and statuary legislation such as BS7671, IEC 61508, IEC 61511
- Previous working experience within the Maritime, Oil and Gas or similar industries would be highly advantageous
- Experience in the design of any of the following product lines: Drum Winches, Linear Winches, HPU's, Tensioners, Reel Drive Systems
- Knowledge of rotating equipment design
- Knowledge/ability to work with ATEX and SIL standards/specifications would be advantageous.