Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: London, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are currently recruiting a Legal Manager for Eni Trading and Shipping (ETS) based in London, UK. The ideal candidate will be responsible for a wide range of matters, particularly in the areas of commodities trading and supplies, transaction in financial derivatives, shipping contracts and claims arising therefrom, multi-jurisdictional projects and transactions, regulatory issues and compliance.
The Key responsibilities are:
- Assistance to oil and products trading desks. This includes reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements.
- Assistance to the oil & shipping business in regard to all matters surrounding the sale and purchase of oil, oil products and any ancillary documents associated therewith, such as lifting procedures, nominations, bills of lading, letters of indemnity, documentary/stand-by letters of credits; time and spot charter-parties and other commercial shipping contracts.
- Providing legal advice on quality & quantity demurrage and insurance claims and in relation to other shipping matters pertaining to charter-parties, bills of lading, marine accidents, piracy, wars, international boycotts and sanctions.
- Assistance to the origination oil team in relation to international projects/transactions.
- Participate to due diligence activities, pre-emption analysis, drafting and negotiating sale and purchase agreements, regulatory approvals and general management of these and all related activities.
- Assessing merits of claims, dealing with, litigation, arbitration, mediation and expert determination, where required, liaising with, and managing external legal counsel in relation to such claims.
- Helping with the client with the understanding and awareness of compliance policies and guidelines, including Eni's Code of Ethics along with the Model 231 and the Anti-Corruption Management System Guideline.
- Excellent legal skills/knowledge.
- Astute, commercially aware and highly motivated.
- Effective communicator with excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong academic results (including cum laude degree) from top university.
- Qualified practitioner with more than ten years' post-qualified experience preferably both in-house and in private practice.
Compensation and benefits
At Eni we reward our people by providing comprehensive remuneration packages, along with a number of desirable benefits which are benchmarked against the industry and local markets, covering areas such as health, insurance, transport, finance, education, leisure and food. We are committed to taking care of our people, supporting lifestyles and behaviours that nurture health and well-being. We offer competitive pension plans, incentive systems and health care cover, and provide an enhanced work-life balance through a wide range of initiatives and services.
Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations. Inspired by the UN's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), our mission is clear: We are an energy company with the goal of preserving our planet and promoting sustainable access to energy for all. We aim to achieve this through our work, which is based on passion, innovation and the extraordinary strength of our people.
At the heart of this mission are the values that guide us every day. These are focused on climate action, the environment, affordable and clean energy, innovation and infrastructure, gender equality, human rights, responsible consumption and production. By following these principles, we aim to deliver precision, transparency and honesty in all areas of our work.
We also understand that together we are stronger. Building long-lasting partnerships and recognising diversity are key values for human development. Technological innovation also plays a huge part in our mission. It is fundamental to both achieving our goals and laying the foundations for our future.
Build the future of energy
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.