Skills: Engineering Manager
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Key responsibilities are:
- To oversee and coordinate the engineering activities of the assigned projects.
- To ensure the design integrity of projects by systematic review of the critical engineering deliverables.
- To implement processes to ensure consistency among design, operational and safety philosophies and basis of design of the assigned engineering projects.
- To liaise with the relevant technical authority to ensure that correct engineering and HSE standards are used according to company standards and local legislation.
- To take major decisions and make selections relating to the project, to ensure the most cost effective solutions.
- To prepare the pertinent ITT scope of work and carry out the relevant technical bid evaluation.
- To follow up of the Design Contractor, ensuring quality and timely delivery of engineering deliverables.
- To monitor the engineering progress of the assigned projects and identify and manage the implementation of any steps which may be required to prevent or minimise delays and budget overruns or conditions adverse to quality objectives.
- To ensure that timely and proper information is given on engineering progress of the assigned projects by preparing and issuing required reports.
- To ensure all opportunities and risks are properly evaluated and lessons learned are incorporated into the design.
- To prepare engineering quality plan of the assigned projects and ensure all identified steps are fulfilled.
- To ensure a high standard of safety is maintained and Environmental and Quality Assurance processes are followed.
- To be able and flexible to travel to Eni locations on regular basis.
- Strong technical background in the oil and gas industry, with specific experience in developing projects from concept through basic/FEED stages to detailed engineering/EPC if so required.
- Times served Engineering expertise in a variety of relevant disciplines in the Oil and Gas sector.
- High technical knowledge and ability to offer technical support to the wider team.
- Experience in management of all aspects of the project, from proposal generation to Basic/FEED with associated project change/definition challenges, to execution in various contracting styles, FPLS, reimbursable, etc.
- Ability to apply a strong technical and business focus whilst maintaining an appropriate cost/time/quality balance.
- Ability to consolidate and agree work scopes, encourage project teams through short project timescales and promote and retain good client relationships.
- Understanding of relevant technical codes and standards within the main engineering disciplines as required (Industry Standards and international Codes and standards).
- Excellent communication skills, ability to convey engineering issues to company management and partners / stakeholders.
- Strong leadership capabilities, ability to manage and unite teams working across all Eni locations.
- Ability to manage risk, handle uncertainty, strong decision making capability.
- Interfacing capabilities, both Internal within the project team and external.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to introduce, challenge and integrate solutions / processes improvements.
- A flexible individual able to think 'outside the box' and to provide innovative solutions to challenging design and operational issues.
- Ideally Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- Member of a relevant Institution, Chartered Engineering status would be advantageous.
Build the future of energy
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.