Innovative scientific instrumentation designer and manufacturer requires an R&D Project manager to take responsibility for product development activities. Leading a dedicated and enthusiastic team in the delivery of multiple R&D projects, key accountabilities and deliverables will include;
- Development of project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility. This will include risk analysis and management of all activity
- Ensuring appropriate resource availability and allocation. Management of expectations of the business and the development teams and ensuring a focus remains on project activity
- Development and use of project management tools to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs, with appropriate clear reporting to stakeholders
- Weekly measurement and reporting to the management team on performance of project activity, with rapid escalation and remedial actions in the event of projects that are under performing or potentially off track
- Establishment of close relationships with all parts of the business as well as outside contractors
- Ensure all projects are comprehensively documented.
This high profile role will suit a project manager who has a proven track record of delivering small and medium size electro-mechanical projects on time, to specification and to budget. As the role will manage multiple projects across multiple teams you should have natural enthusiasm and a desire to be responsible for products from conception to production.
To be considered you will need experience in a hands-on project management role, in a mechanical, engineering or technology sector managing multiple electro-mechanical projects from concept to completion. A solid background in business, management, budgeting and analysis is also important.
We expect you to be Degree qualified in a relevant business or technical discipline, with excellent client-facing and internal communication skills. Prior experience with Project management software such as PRINCE II or similar would be an advantage.
This key role provides the opportunity to make a significant impact on an ambitious, unique company. If you'd like to hear more please get in touch.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.