Skills: Civil Engineering, Corrosion Engineering, NDT Technician
Other Skills: Welding, Welding Engineering, Materials, Corrosion, Ultrasound, Radiology
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: Kstovo, Russian Federation
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Title: Senior Welding Engineer, NWE
Reference: PIR 3000.002
Date of issue: 09/01/2020
Project: LUKOIL Refinery
Job Location: Kstovo, Russia
Job type/Contract: Temporary, start date ASAP
Hours/rotation: 91 days on site - 15 days off + 2 days for travelling
Salary range: Competitive salary package with benefits
- Single status
- Living and accommodation allowance
- Health and life Insurances
- Travel to home country in economy class.
Job summary/Role description:
Located in LUKOIL Nizhegorodnefteorgsintez refinery in Kstovo, Russia, the project concerns the EPC for the utilities, infrastructures and off-sites facilities of a greenfield plant for a new:
- Gas Fractionation Unit (GFU)
- Sulphur Recovery Unit (SRU)
- Hydrotreater Unit (HDT)
- Hydrogen Unit (HPU/ROG PSA)
Senior Welding Engineer (NWE) provides a senior level of experienced welding engineering support, ensuring that all welding related deliverables are maintained on schedule and to the highest quality.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate welding qualification activities by developing the work scope, pre-qualification presentations to key stakeholders, supervising the execution of work and evaluating the welds and compiling final test reports for client submissions;
- To identify, specify and conduct weld procedure qualifications;
- Review technical content of drawings;
- Check that Field welds comply with Project specifications;
- Check the execution of non-destructive tests and heat treatment; that all repairs are performed correctly and non-destructive tests are regularly repeated;
- Keep a report file for all non-destructive tests and heat treatment performed;
- Obtain any necessary approval for changing, as appropriate, welding procedures and for performing repairs requiring special procedures;
- Provide a high level understanding of current client specifications and the requirements of international codes & standards.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- University Degree or Diploma in relevant discipline or equivalent;
- Certified International Welding Engineer;
- Certified Level III - UT, RX is a MUST
- Significant experience in providing welding solutions across the industry sectors;
- Minimum 20 years of experience in oil & gas /industrial sector/ EPC projects;
- At least 10 years of experience in the specific discipline;
- Expertise in Welding Engineering, Materials and Corrosion;
- Similar role covered in last three projects, of comparable size;
- Experience working on the Contractor side.
- Previous work experience in Russia
Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent English;
- Excellent IT and analytical skills;
- Excellent communications, team-oriented and interpersonal skills;
- Attention to details;
- Self-motivation and direction, with strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution.
Special Requirements and Comments:
Only candidates with significant experience, consistent with the relevant field, will be considered for this position.
Only spontaneous candidates will be considered for this role.
The knowledge of Russian at the working level would be advantageous.