The Lead Software Systems Engineer (f/m/d), with an initial focus on Software in radiography NDT (Non-Destructive Testing) and industrial CT Systems, works closely with product management, engineering, functions like supply chain, service customers to define and establish system performance and image quality that will meet customer expectations.Essential Responsibilities:
- Lead the design control process
- Design responsibility to understand customer needs and to deliver product quality, reliability, serviceability, manufacturability, regulatory, compliance, and cost that will meet customer expectations.
- Activities include requirements development, traceability and flow down, system architecture, design analysis, FMEA, developing and executing system verification and validation test procedures, and providing support to manufacturing and field issues.
- Work closely with the engineering team, product management and stakeholders
- Develop effective system requirements and take responsibility for the flow down and allocation to the subsystems and/or modules.
- Define performance, interface, non-functional requirements for our SW developments with a multitude of other hardware and software products.
- Degree in Engineering or Science: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or closely related field.
- Strong work experience in the field of X-Ray NDT inspection.
- Extensive experience with industrial X-Ray Systems & Components, it's design, application, and development.
- Proficient in the use of Software development tools and processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge about modern Software Architectures.
- Broad exposure to X-Ray hardware/software/system design; technical depth in one or more engineering disciplines.
- Ability to analyze and then develop and provide timely and effective solutions for complex and challenging design problems as well as complex issues
- Demonstrated experience in leading projects with global teams.
- Applied knowledge of Design for Six Sigma is a plus
- Demonstrated skills in proactively identifying, facilitating and driving closure of actions and technical risks for a product.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, energizing, results oriented and able to multi-task.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership
Wunstorf, Germany (close to Hanover)
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more