The Process Technician is responsible for technical support and guidance on a day-to-day basis to their respective facility, also ensuring that all manufacturing equipment is in good working order and available at the correct time for planned production. In addition, the technician is also accountable for the facility's Standard Operating Instructions (SOI's) and 'best practice' working procedures. The Process Technician is also responsible for ensuring that the facility follows the best practices set out in all areas of its function. The Process Technician will also provide a holding role for the Manufacturing process Engineer during short absences Essential Responsibilities:
- SOP & Risk assessments lead, conjunction with Engineer, Operators & HSEQ representation.
- Lean Champion
- Conduct / Support investigations following any incidents / accidents that occur.
- Driving down CoNC by reviewing run data & identifying new and/or methods.
- Quality champion -Ensuring all work is completed to the appropriate quality.
- Facilitate in Op. LDMS/PVD Operator and Lead operator meetings.
- Ensuring 5S condition is implemented and supports the sustainability on facility's 5S.
- Participate in or lead CI activities as directed
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Production Engineering or a combination of GED/high school diploma and experience
- Lean manufacturing experience
- 5 years of experience using MS Office software
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills and has the ability to present information to senior management and peers
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, proven ability to prioritize and work to schedules and targets.
- Extrusion experience desirable
- Taping experience desirable