Skills: Electrical Technician, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Granger, Indiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Successfully and effectively follow all health, safety, security, environmental (HSSE) and operational and maintenance practices and procedures
- Be motivated and accountable for achieving long-term and day- to-day goals and tasks
- Effectively manage time and resources and ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously
- Have strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently without supervision
- Problem solve, overcome obstacles and make good decisions
- Work effectively on diverse teams
- Good oral/written communication skills and communicate effectively with all levels both internally and externally
- Effectively demonstrate and transfer work related knowledge to others
- Ability to read maps, alignment sheets, construction drawings and distinguish colors
- Demonstrate leadership skills and exhibit a high level of initiative
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as needed but not limited to eye/face protection, flame retardant clothing (FRC), foot protection, gloves, hearing protection, head protection, etc.
- Work nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as necessary and is subject to call-outs including response to emergency situations
- Value and practice continuous learning
- Verify satellite system signal strength and Arcom Director
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair equipment as assigned.
- Maintain electrical switchgear
- Conduct and detail DOT equipment inspections
- Possess a strong working knowledge of computers. Utilize MAXIMO, VTA, MS Office and other applications
- Damage prevention (responsible to help out with Damage prevention duties when needed and or assigned)
- Maintain and repair pumps and motors including PD, centrifugal and gear pumping equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair manual and automatic tank gauging. Verify instrumentation loop circuits
- Maintain and repair electronic-control valves, electrical valve actuators and mechanical valves
- Installation and maintenance of multiple equipment associated with petroleum liquids and/or gas terminals and pipeline
- Meet all DOT requirements, including Operator Qualifications
- Emergency Response training, including Hazwoper, RCRA, respiratory and other as required
- Ability to drive a pick-up or similar on and off -road vehicle to multiple locations along the pipeline
- The job requires some travel
- Other duties as assigned
A position is open for an Electrical and Mechanical Specialist (E&M1) within the MW South Products Pipeline Team to be headquartered out of BP Pipeline's South Bend, (Granger) office. Located in South Bend Indiana on the River Rouge Pipeline. The hourly rate of pay will be commensurate with the position. The successful bidder must be willing to live close enough to the assigned facility(S) South Bend Station inside the Buckeye Granger terminal to reasonably respond to call-outs. Qualified bidders must meet the bidding requirements for the role, including a two year technical degree or 5 years of experience in electrical/mechanical work. Current O&M employees are required to have completed the E&M curriculum up to E&M2.
The Electrical & Mechanical position provides electrical and mechanical maintenance work and field operations for BP US Pipelines & Logistics. The E&M role is a multi-craft position focused primarily on electrical & mechanical duties.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½" scalp, or > 2 cm/¾" body - arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at ; or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement