Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: Business Analyst
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst for a 1 year contract in North York, ON.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Gain an understanding of business problems through data analysis and combine with business subject expertise to identify meaningful insights that informs business decisions and actions.
• Work closely with senior staff in the use of statistical analysis, predictive models, and root cause analysis to track trends, explore possible performance improvement opportunities and develop performance dashboards.
• Creation of queries, reporting and dashboards that provide meaningful business insights to clients.
MUST HAVE qualifications:
• Strong analytical skills with experience in relevant technical tools, such as SQL, Power BI, Excel
• Related university degree and three years' experience OR five years of previous field or work management operations experience, OR equivalent mix of formal education and experience
• Excellent communication, issue/problem resolution, presentation and analytical skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain good client and vendor relationships.
NICE TO HAVE qualifications:
• Experience with Operations, Customer Care and/or Engineering and Asset Management.
• Experience with other modelling, analytical, and data presentation tools
• Broad understanding of EGD's Work Management and Asset systems and business processes.
• SixSigma certification is an asset.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.