BP has embarked on an ambitious plan to modernize and transform using digital technologies to drive efficiency, effective and new business models. You are the Design Lead for our most critical projects or services. A technologist at heart, you are passionate about planning and building compelling services and products. You will motivate a project delivery team to deliver robust and cost-effective IT solutions. You will stay ahead of innovative technologies and demonstrate your understanding through effective and rapid delivery. The choices you make will define the fitness for purpose of our IT capabilities and ultimately the success of our business.
You believe that delivering an effective solution depends on a deep understanding of business need and rigorous project planning with a bias for short-term action and fostering relationships. You will operate in a dynamic and delivery-focused environment, with the resources of one of the world's most forward-thinking IT departments and leading IT vendors at your fingertips.
At IT&S, all the roles are within Chapters. While your role will continue to remain within the Chapter, your initial activities described below may change over time.
You will primarily be responsible for the design and implementation of MI and Planning solutions in the Upstream Portfolio - digitalOps within both SAP and Microsoft Azure cloud environments.Key AccountabilitiesTeam
: Growing and developing the capability of your teams to deliver the most Agile and commercially cost-effective solutions is one of your top priorities. We expect every leader to demonstrate leadership through delegation, motivation and trust. You will not just lead, but "do". Our culture is exploring, thinking and doing, and you will live this every day.Design:
You rigorously identify, build, develop and implement solutions which aim to optimize and re-use business capabilities. You will care passionately about the integrity of the IT capabilities you develop. You will work with the support teams to translate business requirements into technical designs.Relationships
: You will manage the solution building process by ensuring it is well-understood by key stakeholders and colleagues from within and outside the business. You will develop a strong working rapport with other team members to drive innovative initiatives. The role requires thought leadership and the ability to influence and inspire change in a positive, impactful way.Technology
: You have a passion for understanding and learning. You will bring vast experience and skills in key technologies and an ability to rapidly assess and identify the potential of new technologies with a commercial mindset. A proven interest in emerging technologies and desire to help shape our digital vision is essential. Safety and Compliance:
The safety of our people and customers is our highest priority. We will champion a culture of operational safety and ensure our architectures, designs and processes enhance and improve our digital security.Essential Education
Ideally, you'll have a Bachelor's (or higher) degree, preferably in Computer Science, MIS/IT, Mathematics or a hard science and/or relevant work experience.Essential Experience
- You'll have a background in system design with real-world experience of designing and delivering large IT projects. You love envisaging the art of the possible and making that a reality.
- You bring deep-seated functional knowledge of key technology sets. You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves, getting involved and diving into delivery challenges.
- You have built and led a tight-knit delivery team before. You achieve exceptional project outcomes in a respectful and supportive culture.
- You have a proven grasp of development and design thinking in an Agile environment. You adapt delivery techniques to drive outstanding project delivery.
- You have experience of developing others to build design and development capability across an organization.
- You bring good interpersonal skills including the ability to relate complex topics in simple and accessible language.
• Exceptional SAP BW technical design skills (including HANA)
• Exceptional SAP BPC technical design skills
• Experience of non SAP Data Warehousing, planning and reporting technologies
• Strong experience of delivering end to end reporting and planning solutions
• Ability to work with Process leads to understand business requirements and translate them to technical requirements/solution design
• Experience of designing Finance Planning and reporting solutions
• SAP Functional understanding especially in Finance, Logistics & SRM process areasDesirable Skills:
• Emerging Technology Monitoring
• User Experience Analysis
• Business Risk Management
• Capacity Management
• Systems Development Management
• Business Modelling Leadership and EQ:
- You always empower people - encouraging positive team morale and ensuring that every team member with expertise has the power to make decisions, at the lowest possible level.
- You always get the basics right, from quality development conversations to recognition and ongoing performance feedback. You can develop, coach, mentor and inspire others.
- You comply with BP's Code of Conduct and ensure your team does too. You also demonstrate strong leadership of BP's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours.
- You create an environment where people listen and can speak openly about the good, the bad, and the ugly, so that everyone can understand and learn.
- You embrace a culture of change and agility, evolving continuously, adapting to our changing world.
- You are an effective team player, naturally looking beyond your own area/organizational boundaries to consider the bigger picture and/or perspective of others, and building trust-based relationships with leaders and employees across IT&S and BP.
- You are self-aware and seek input from others on your impact and effectiveness.
- You apply judgment and common sense at scale - you use insight and good judgment to deliver commercially sound, efficient and pragmatic decisions and solutions and to respond to situations as they arise.
- Cultural fluency - you operate across cultural boundaries with sensitivity.
- Coach and mentor to help build domain experience amongst peers
- Be responsible for Chapter member's personal development and the management of performance reviews.
- Contribute to relevant supply and demand conversations, to adequately staff squads with appropriately skilled employees.
- Sharing knowledge (cross-pollination) between Chapter members that can be utilised by various Squads.