As the Global Controller for Payroll & Time Management Operations you will own and drive the controllership requirements within the Payroll & Time Management function globally. The successful candidate will be responsible to ensure the Payroll and Time Management team, including various external suppliers, deliver in accordance to the Controllership requirements of the Company and adhere to the local regulatory compliance requirements. Essential Responsibilities:
- Review existing Controllership practices in Payroll & Time Management function and execute on a design that ensures controllership norms are applied wing-to-wing across Centers, sites and suppliers as per the new delivery model.
- Map the key controls required across different 'hand-off' points in the current process and propose simplification opportunities to eliminate risks.
- Review the existing Risk Control Matrix and re-establish it to meet the requirements of the new delivery model, encompassing actions across different stakeholders owning different parts of the process within the Baker Hughes organization and the different external suppliers.
- Ensure regular awareness sessions and necessary trainings are conducted for all key stakeholders regarding controllership requirements to ensure the successful deployment of the revised Risk Control Matrix.
- Lead the Payroll Audit process and be the focal point of contact for both internal & external auditors in close partnership with the Audit and Compliance leads within the Company.
- Guide the People Operations team as needed, in country level preparation of data and documents within agreed timelines and ensure the audit findings and remediation plans are understood and implemented.
- Ensure compliance with local Personal Income Tax, Benefits in Kind Tax and other statutory regulations impacting payroll.
- Ensure process is in place for capturing real time regulatory changes across different countries and its impact on the local payroll practices.
- Ensure operational actions needed to meet the regulatory changes are taken within the required timelines so that Payroll remains compliant in every country.
- Ensure key controls, such as Data Privacy and Segregation of Duties, are stringently followed throughout the Payroll operations and the disbursement process.
- Perform regular reviews of over-payments and manage unreconciled accounts appropriately.
- Partner with Digital Technology and People Operations Systems teams to ensure all systems for Payroll & Time Management are secure and user accesses are regularly monitored within the company and external suppliers.
- Provide Controllership expertise in business process design and drive improvements as needed.
- Partner with Sourcing team to deliver necessary contracting considerations for suppliers from a controllership perspective and be part of the supplier performance review forums.
- Ensure operations are secure around protection of Personally Identifiable Information and other sensitive data.
- Ensure various platforms used for Payroll & Time Management activities comply with labor laws, regulations and collective bargaining agreements as they vary by jurisdiction.
- Ensure sound practices for internal controls & records retention to comply with legal requirements & policy.
- Coordinate as needed with Department of Labor or other relevant audit agencies to manage audit requirements around SOX and other external and internal business audits.
- Remain abreast of key developments within the company and in the external world to quickly assess impact on the Payroll and Time Management function.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience
- Significant knowledge of Accounting, Finance and Payroll
- Experience with IFRS, US GAAP and Accounting literature
- Strong Controllership experience with proven results
- Good analytical skills - able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
- Clear thinking and problem solving: successfully lead projects around process improvement within operations in partnership with other functions like Finance where needed
- Adaptable and flexbile - being open to change in repsonse to new information, different unexpected circustanstance and to work in ambiguous situations
- Integrity - accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical and personal values in decisions, communications, actions
- Assertiveness and strong influencing skills across business functions and external stakeholders
- Experience of working in a matrix environment
- Effective communication with profiency in English
Budapest, Hungary / Mexico City / Kuala Lumpar
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more