Support lubricant testing, as well as supporting the lubricant supply chain, through trial blending, for cost optimization projects, process troubleshooting, and supply continuity.
- Conduct routine chemical and physical tests on lubricating oils, applying test methods from the ASTM, IP, TMS, and SMS as required, and operating appropriate Laboratory instruments, for the purpose of establishing that the products meet applicable specifications.
- Conduct routine chemical and physical tests on base oils and additives to establish that they meet the required specifications.
- Maintain accurate and systematic records of test results, to facilitate retrieval for troubleshooting, analysis, decision making or preparation of test reports.
- Systematically label and store retention samples from blending/manufacturing, filling/loading, or incoming materials, for the purpose of subsequent quality verification arising from complaints or other needs; and dispose of them in an approved manner at the end of their respective retention periods.
- Conduct tests on filling samples and provide advice on remedial measures (including the quantity of product to slop) in the event that an unacceptable level of line contamination is detected.
- Perform checks and acknowledgment of incoming materials e.g. chemicals, gases, equipment parts, and other laboratory materials.
- Know and comply with the Company's Safety Regulations and laboratory good practices, and ensure good housekeeping is maintained during the course of daily work.
- Know and comply with the Plant's Quality Procedures and Laboratory Work Instructions.
- Check that Plant Operators submit correct samples in accordance with sampling requirements and amend sample card information if necessary.
- Enter test results into GSAP or other designated computer management systems.
- Perform usage decision for Base oils and additives in GSAP, consulting the Head of Laboratory or Laboratory Team Leader, if necessary.
- Conduct a trial blend and formula calculation for new product and current product development.
- Throw out retain sample at the end of the period from blending retain, filling retain, base oil retain, additive retains, flush retain and fill control retain book with suitable samples condition.
- Conduct B3 waste handling and monitoring from the laboratory, include pump sumpit if require condition happen.
- Conduct flush calculation for use in the product and conduct monitoring flush movement and usage.
Shell began operations in Indonesia more than 100 years ago and can look back on a rich history with Indonesia. At Shell Indonesia, we believe that diversity is key: it will help our drive to innovate and make sure that our employees' ideas will travel. We offer an exciting platform from which you can deliver and excel. Shell Indonesia manages business operations that include marketing and trading oil products directly as well as through its appointed distributors. In 2006, Shell started its Commercial Fuels business in Indonesia: we provide bulk fuels and related technical support to the Industrial and Transport Sector. Shell Indonesia is also planning to establish a significant presence in the upstream sector.Requirements
- At least 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Technical Qualification in Chemistry
- Laboratory experience with ISO/IEC 17025
- Experience in the Oil and Energy/Gas industry is an advantage
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.